Research and Markets: Colour Design: Theories and Applications
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kt44jh/colour_design) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Colour design: Theories and applications" to their offering.
This important book summarises the wealth of recent research on colour and its use in design. The first part of the book reviews research on colour and its perception, and the second group of chapters surveys ways of measuring and describing colour. The third part of the book discusses the role of colour in design, dyeing and printing, before the final section covers applications of colour in areas as diverse as fashion, interior design, art and food.
Colour Design: Theories and Applications is suitable for a wide range of readers including designers, colour technologists, colour quality inspectors, product developers and anyone who uses colour in their work. It is also intended for academics and students studying colour and design.
Key Topics Covered:
Part 1 Colour and colour perception: What is colour? Variability in normal and defective colour vision: consequences for occupational environments
- Colour illusions and the human visual system
- Colour psychology: the emotional effects of colour perception
- Understanding colour perception and preference
- Predicting responses to colour.
Part 2 Measuring and describing colour: International standards for colour
- Colour description and communication
- Colour naming for colour communication
- Colour specification and visual approval methods for textiles
- Colour management and approval methods in lithographic printing.
Part 3 Colour, design and coloration: The history of colour theory in art, design and science
- Enhancing design using colour
- Understanding and forecasting colour trends in design
- Colour symmetry: the systematic colouration of patterns and tilings
- The history of dyes and pigments: from natural dyes to high performance pigments
- Dye types and application methods
- Colour printing techniques.
Part 4 Colour and design in particular applications: Colour trends and selection in fashion design
- Colour in interior design
- Colour in food
- Choosing effective colours for websites
- Evolution and colour change in works of art.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kt44jh/colour_design
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd