Research and Markets: Biomaterials in Plastic Surgery: Breast Implants
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8cw22x/biomaterials_in) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Biomaterials in plastic surgery: Breast implants" to their offering.
Biomaterials in Plastic Surgery reviews the history, materials and safety issues associated with breast implants. Beginning with an introduction to the history of biomaterials used for breast augmentation, the book goes on to discuss development issues. It then discusses the chemistry and physical properties of biomedical silicones before reviewing cohesive gel and polyurethane foam implants. The book concludes by analysing the epidemiological evidence on the safety issues relating to breast implants, followed by a review of retrieval and analysis of breast implants emphasizing strength, durability and failure mechanisms.
Key Topics Covered:
- The history of biomaterials used for breast augmentation
- The development of breast implants
- The chemistry and physical properties of biomedical silicones
- Cohesive gel breast implants
- Polyurethane foam breast implants
- The safety of breast implants: Recent epidemiological studies
- Failure modes of breast implants.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8cw22x/biomaterials_in
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd