Research and Markets: The 700MHz Spectrum Band: Market drivers and harmonisation challenges worldwide
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kn2pt3/the_700mhz) has announced the addition of the "The 700MHz Spectrum Band: Market drivers and harmonisation challenges worldwide" report to their offering.
The 700MHz band has previously been used for TV broadcasting worldwide. However, the it has now been allocated to mobile services in the Americas and Asia. Furthermore, a preliminary decision was taken at the World Radiocommunication Conference 2012 (WRC-12) to reallocate the band to mobile services (on a co-primary basis with broadcast TV) in Africa, Europe, and the Middle East. As a result, the 700MHz band will be the only sub-1GHz spectrum band available for LTE in all regions worldwide.
This report provides:
- an analysis of the drivers for and inhibitors to reallocating the 700MHz band - with a particular focus on ITU Region 1
- an examination of the commercial and regulatory implications of allocating the 700MHz band to mobile services
- a detailed analysis of the challenges of harmonising the 700MHz band in the three ITU regions:
-- ITU Region 1 - Europe, the Middle East and Africa
-- ITU Region 2 - the Americas
-- ITU Region 3 - Asia-Pacific.
- an overview of the timescales for freeing up the 700MHz band in each region
- a discussion of alternative uses for 700MHz spectrum and the non-telecoms stakeholders that may have an influence on plans for the band.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kn2pt3/the_700mhz