Research and Markets: Durability and Reliability of Medical Polymers
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g2jgc7/durability_and) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Durability and reliability of medical polymers" to their offering.
Given the widespread use of polymers in medical devices, the durability and reliability of this material in use is an area of critical importance. Durability and Reliability of Medical Polymers reviews the performance of both bioresorbable and non-bioresorbable medical polymers.
Key Topics Covered:
Part 1 Types and properties of bioresorbable medical polymers: Types of bioresorbable polymers for medical applications
- The effect of molecular structure on the properties of biomedical polymers
- Processing of bioresorbable and other polymers for medical applications
- Understanding transport phenomena and degradation of bioresorbable medical polymers
- Synthetic bioresorbable polymers
- Using synthetic bioresorbable polymers for orthopaedic tissue regeneration.
Part 2 Aspects of durability and reliability of non-bioresorbable medical polymers: Wear processes in polymer implants
- Ageing processes of biomedical polymers in the body
- The failure of synthetic polymeric medical devices
- Manufacturing defects in polymeric medical devices.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g2jgc7/durability_and
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd