Research and Markets: Innovation in Aeronautics
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zk86g5/innovation_in) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Innovation in aeronautics" to their offering.
Innovation in Aeronautics explores both a range of innovative ideas in this important industry and how the process of innovation itself can be effectively managed.
Part one reviews developments including biologically-inspired technologies, morphing aerodynamic concepts, jet engine design drivers, and developments underpinned by digital technologies. The environment and human factors in innovation are also explored as are trends in supersonic passenger air travel. Part two goes on to examine change, and the processes and management involved in innovative technology development. Challenges faced in aeronautical production are the focus of part three which reviews topics such as intellectual property and patents, risk mitigation and the use of lean engineering. Finally, part four summarises key issues in what makes for successful innovation in this sector.
Key Topics Covered:
Introduction to innovation in aeronautics.
Part 1 Concepts: Biologically inspired technologies for aeronautics
- Aircraft morphing technologies
- Jet engine design drivers: Past, present and future
- Innovation in avionic systems: Developments underpinned by digital technologies
- The environment as the key design driver in aeronautics
- The human factors that relate to technological developments in aviation
- Innovation in supersonic passenger air travel.
Part 2 Change: The process of innovation in aeronautics
- Managing innovative technology development in aeronautics: Technology assessment (TA) techniques
- Mining the far side' of technology to develop revolutionary aircraft prototypes: The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) approach
- Revolutionary ideas about the future of air transport.
Part 3 Challenges: Intellectual property, patents and innovation in aeronautics
- Cost, time and technical performance risk mitigation in large, complex and innovative aeronautics development projects
- Innovation in aeronautics through lean engineering.
Part 4 Conclusion: Conclusion: Innovations in aeronautics.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zk86g5/innovation_in
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd