Research and Markets: Emerging Food Packaging Technologies: Principles and practice
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vs9dt3/emerging_food) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Emerging food packaging technologies: Principles and practice" to their offering.
Emerging Food Packaging Technologies reviews advances in packaging materials, the design and implementation of smart packaging techniques, and developments in response to growing concerns about packaging sustainability.
Part one of Emerging food packaging technologies focuses on developments in active packaging, reviewing controlled release packaging, active antimicrobial and nanocomposites in packaging, and edible chitosan coatings. Part two goes on to consider intelligent packaging and how advances in the consumer/packaging interface can improve food safety and quality. Developments in packaging material are analysed in part three, with nanocomposites, emerging coating technologies, light-protective and non-thermal process packaging discussed, alongside a consideration of the safety of plastics as food packaging materials. Finally, part four explores the use of eco-design, life cycle assessment, and the utilisation of biobased polymers in the production of smarter, environmentally-compatible packaging.
Key Topics Covered:
Emerging food packaging technologies: An overview.
Part 1 Developments in active packaging: Controlled release food and beverage packaging
- Active antimicrobial food and beverage packaging
- Active nanocomposites for food and beverage packaging
- Edible chitosan coatings for fresh and minimally processed foods
- Flavor-release food and beverage packaging
- Emerging packaging technologies for fresh produce.
Part 2 Intelligent packaging and the consumer/packaging interface: Intelligent packaging to enhance food safety and quality
- Radio-frequency identification (RFID) for food and beverage packaging applications
- Advances in freshness and safety indicators in food and beverage packaging
- Improving the consumer/packaging interface: Smart packaging for enhanced convenience, functionality and communication
- Tamper-evident food and beverage packaging.
Part 3 Developments in packaging materials: Nanocomposites for food and beverage packaging
- Emerging coating technologies for food and beverage packaging materials
- Light-protective packaging materials for foods and beverages
- Packaging materials for non-thermal processing of food and beverages
- Safety and regulatory aspects of plastics as food packaging materials.
Part 4 Environmentally compatible food packaging: Eco-design of food and beverage packaging
- Life cycle assessment (LCA) of food and beverage packaging
- Smarter packaging for consumer food waste reduction
- Utilization of biobased polymers in food packaging: assessment of materials, production and commercialization.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vs9dt3/emerging_food
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd