Research and Markets: Phase Transformations in Steels: Fundamentals and Diffusion-Controlled Transformations
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xpjncm/phase) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Phase transformations in steels: Fundamentals and diffusion-controlled transformations" to their offering.
The processing-microstructure-property relationships in steels continue to present challenges to researchers because of the complexity of phase transformation reactions and the wide spectrum of microstructures and properties achievable. This major two-volume work summarises the current state of research on phase transformations in steels and its implications for the emergence of new steels with enhanced engineering properties. Volume 1 reviews fundamentals and diffusion-controlled phase transformations.
Key Topics Covered:
Part 1: Fundamentals of phase transformations: The historical development of phase transformations understanding in ferrous alloys
- Thermodynamics of phase transformations in steels
- Fundamentals of diffusion in phase transformations in steels
- Kinetics of phase transformations in steels
- Structure, energy and migration of phase boundaries in steels.
Part 2: Diffusion-controlled transformations: Fundamentals of ferrite formation in steels
- Proeutectoid ferrite and cementite transformations in steels
- The formation of pearlite in steels
- Nature and kinetics of the massive austenite-ferrite phase transformations in steels.
Part 3: Bainite and diffusional-displacive transformations: Mechanisms of bainite transformation in steels
- Carbide-containing bainite transformation in steels
- Carbide-free bainite transformation in steels
- Kinetics of bainite transformation in steels.
Part 4: Additional driving forces for transformations: Nucleation and growth during the austenite-to-ferrite phase transformation in steels after plastic deformation
- Dynamic strain-induced ferrite transformation (DIST) in steels
- The effect of a magnetic field on phase transformations in steels
- The effect of heating rate on phase transformations in steels and Fe-Ni-Based alloys.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xpjncm/phase
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd