Research and Markets: Polymer Electrolyte Membrane and Direct Methanol Fuel Cell Technology: Fundamentals and Performance of Low Temperature Fuel Cells
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ght52t/polymer) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Polymer electrolyte membrane and direct methanol fuel cell technology: Fundamentals and performance of low temperature fuel cells" to their offering.
PEMFCs and DMFCs represent promising low-temperature electrochemical power generation technologies that operate on hydrogen and methanol respectively. These technologies have attracted intense worldwide commercialisation research and development efforts with a large element of these efforts directed at materials developments for fuel cell durability and long term operation. This two volume set presents a comprehensive and detailed review of the fundamentals, performance, and in situ characterisation of PEMFCs and DMFCs. Volume 1 covers the fundamental science and engineering of these types of fuel cell, and reviews routes to understand and improve upon fuel cell performance and operation.
Key Topics Covered:
Part 1: Fundamentals of polymer electrolyte membrane and direct methanol fuel cell technology: Fuels and fuel processing for low temperature fuel cells
- Membrane materials and technology for low temperature fuel cells
- Catalyst and membrane technology for low temperature fuel cells
- Gas diffusion media, flowfields and system aspects in low temperature fuel cells
- Recycling and life cycle assessment of fuel cell materials.
Part 2: Performance issues in polymer electrolyte membrane and direct methanol fuel cells: Operation and durability of low temperature fuel cells
- Catalyst ageing and degradation in polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells
- Degradation and durability testing of low temperature fuel cell components
- Microstructure reconstruction and transport simulation in polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells
- Multi-scale modeling of two-phase transport in polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells
- Modelling and analysis of degradation phenomena in polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells
- Experimental monitoring techniques for polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ght52t/polymer
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd