Research and Markets: Congo 2012 Energy Report: Most Important Project of the Country Should Be the Construction of the Hydroelectric Dam of Chollet (600 MW)
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dnpvfq/congo_energy) has announced the addition of the "Congo Energy Report" report to their offering.
This report provides updated facts and figures on the evolution of the national energy market. For the oil, gas, coal and power markets, the report details the market organisation, institutions regulating the market, and energy policy of the country. Energy companies active on the market are analysed. Domestic production, capacities, exchanges, consumption by sector and market shares are provided. Energy prices levels and taxes are described. Finally, the driving issues, and the market prospects are proposed.
Highlights in Congo:
The most important project of the country should be the construction of the hydroelectric dam of Chollet (600 MW) in the region of the Sangha (north of the country). The Chinese SinoHydro group should provide a loan of about $700 million for the construction of the dam.
After the dynamic trends observed in 2010 (+3% in primary energy production and consumption), energy production in Africa fell by 5.7% (stagnation of South African coal production and 3% drop in Nigerian crude oil production and in Algerian gas production) while primary consumption stagnated. Electricity generation rose by an average 3% (over +8% in Nigeria and Algeria).
Key Topics Covered:
1. General Overview - Country snapshot with key data
2. Institutions and Energy Policy - Key regulatory bodies, major energy and climate change policies, including energy efficiency and CO2 emissions
3. Energy Companies - Key players in each energy market, activities description and assets development
4. Energy Supply - Country's energy resources, domestic production, imports and/or exports by energy sub-segment
5. Energy Prices & Taxes - Evolution of end-user prices and taxes levels for each energy
6. Consumption - Detailed overview of the energy demand by sector, and its evolution
7. Issues and Prospects - Key factors that will impact the market structure and dynamics in the years to come, detailed by energy
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dnpvfq/congo_energy