Research and Markets: Handbook of Health Economics, Vol 2 Part No. 2
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/d4mz46/handbook_of) has announced the addition of Elsevier Science and Technology's new book "Handbook of Health Economics, Vol 2 Part No. 2" to their offering.
What New Theories, Evidence, and Policies Have Shaped Health Economics in the 21st Century?
Editors Mark Pauly, Thomas McGuire, and Pedro Pita Barros assemble the expertise of leading authorities in this survey of substantive issues. In 16 chapters they cover recent developments in health economics, from medical spending growth to the demand for health care, the markets for pharmaceutical products, the medical workforce, and equity in health and health care. Its global perspective, including an emphasis on low and middle-income countries, will result in the same high citations that made Volume 1 (2000) a foundational text.
- Presents coherent summaries of major subjects and methodologies, marking important advances and revisions.
- Serves as a frequently used non-journal reference.
- Introduces non-economists to the best research in health economics.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Medical Spending Growth
2. Geographic Variation in Spending and Outcomes
3. Health Behaviors and Prevention
4. Health Economics of Economic Development
5. Demand for Health Insurance and Health Care
6. Demand for Health Care
7. Issues in Cost Effectiveness Cost Benefit and Cost Utility Analysis
8. Cost Effectiveness and Payment Policy
9. Competition in Health Care Supply
10. Reporting on and Paying Health Care Providers
11. Health Insurance, Health Plans and Risk Variation
12. Markets for Pharmaceutical Products
13. Intellectual Property, Information Technology, Biomedical Research and Marketing of Patented Products
14. Medical Workforce
15. Public and Private Sector Interface
16. Equity in Health and Health Care
17. Health Care Disparities
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/d4mz46/handbook_of
Source: Elsevier Science and Technology
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager.
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716