Aerocrine: Interim Report January – September 2012
Aerocrine AB (STO:AERO-B):
January – September 2012
- Global Net sales grew by 72% to SEK 110.8m (64.4). Adjusted for currency fluctuations, net sales rose by 69% Year over Year (Y-o-Y)
- The worldwide number of NIOX MINO® repeat tests sold increased by 48% and for clinical use in the US grew by 68%
- The loss after tax amounted to SEK 138.6m (88.0), corresponding to a loss per share before and after dilution of SEK 1.1 (0.9). The increased loss was primarily driven by increased investments in commercial and reimbursement activities in the US, termination payments for previous distribution agreements, increased litigation expenses and costs related to the Groups Long Term Incentive plans.
July – September 2012
- Global net sales grew by 54% to 34.8 (22.6) MSEK
- The worldwide number of NIOX MINO® repeat tests sold increased by 44% and for clinical use in the US grew by 56%
- The loss after tax amounted to SEK 58.1m (31.8), corresponding to a loss per share before and after dilution of SEK 0.4 (0.3).
- Aerocrine AB and Stallergenes S.A (Euronext Paris CAC small) entered into an exclusive multi-year distribution agreement for Aerocrine's airway inflammation monitor and test kit. The agreement will initially cover France, Italy, Poland, Turkey and several countries in the Middle East and could be extended to additional countries.
- Aerocrine AB signed an import and distribution agreement with Shanghai Pharmaceuticals Holding Co., Ltd. (SPH) for Aerocrine's products for the Chinese market. SPH is the second largest pharmaceutical company in China, with an extensive network of local sales representatives across China.
- A negative decision by the Federal Patent Court in Munich regarding the validity of one of Aerocrine's German patents was announced. Aerocrine intends to appeal the German decision.
Significant events after the period
- Continued improvement of reimbursement in the US as Medica Health Plans of Minnesota, a BlueCross BlueShield company, announces that they have updated their medical policy for FeNO testing and provides positive coverage effective September 19, 2012.
AEROCRINE IN BRIEF
|July - September||January - September||Full year|
|Gross margin %||75%||70 %||72%||68 %||69 %|
|Net profit after tax||-58.1||-31.8||-138.6||-88.0||-138.7|
|Cash flow, current operations||-53.8||-17.4||-135.1||-65.2||-96,5|
|Total cash flow||-56.1||-17.6||98.0||-70.9||-102.8|
Aerocrine AB is a medical technology company focused on the improved management and care of patients with inflammatory airway diseases. As the pioneer and leader in the technology to monitor and manage airway inflammation, Aerocrine markets NIOX® Flex and NIOX MINO®. Both products enable fast and reliable management of airway inflammation and may therefore play a critical role in more effective diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of patients with inflammatory airway diseases such as asthma. Aerocrine is based in Sweden with subsidiaries in the US, Germany, the UK and CH. Aerocrine shares were listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange on 15 June 2007. Aerocrine discloses the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities Markets Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication at 08:00 a.m. on November 2, 2012.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
Scott Myers, CEO:
+46 768 788 379 or +1 970 368 0336
Michael Colérus, CFO:
+46 8 629 07 85