AmeriHealth NJ Available to Assist Customers During Recovery from Hurricane Sandy
AmeriHealth NJ has taken extra measures to ensure all of its members throughout the state of New Jersey have access to information and health care services despite disruptions caused by Hurricane Sandy.
Through Friday, November 2, 2012:
- Customer Service staff is available from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 1-800-275-2583 to assist members and ensure they have uninterrupted access to health care services during the storm's aftermath.
- All pre-certification, referral, and hospital admission requirements are waived for Monday, October 29 through Friday, November 2 for medically necessary care.
- Our payment policy for out-of-network urgent and emergency care services for members who do not have access to their usual physicians and facilities has been modified. The company will work closely with hospitals, doctors, and urgent care facilities to ensure members have access to emergency care anywhere they need it.
- For members with prescription for new medications we allow our pharmacies to fill a four day supply of medication while our member pursues a prior authorization through their doctor. If the doctor needs to be contacted for additional information to process the prior authorization, and in instances when a doctor cannot be reached for more information, we are providing a 30 day administrative authorization.
- Members are permitted to refill prescriptions even if it would normally be too soon for a refill, including for those members who may have lost their prescription due to the storm.
If AmeriHealth NJ members need to seek medical assistance, they are reminded to have their AmeriHealth NJ member card and government-issued photo identification on hand. This will ensure that any member can access medical care quickly and without confusion.
About AmeriHealth NJ
AmeriHealth HMO, Inc. and AmeriHealth Insurance Company of New Jersey (collectively, AmeriHealth New Jersey) provide health insurance coverage to employers and individuals throughout New Jersey. The company has the largest provider network in New Jersey*, and that network includes access to hospitals and doctors across the nation. The company is also committed to offering value-added insurance solutions for customers through its innovative wellness and incentive programs and benefits designs.
The company's managed care plan, AmeriHealth HMO, Inc. is accredited by National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
AmeriHealth New Jersey and its affiliates are a growing group of insurance and health companies whose product portfolios include health insurance, workers' compensation, property and casualty insurance, and management services. AmeriHealth New Jersey headquarters are located in Cranbury, NJ. For more information on AmeriHealth, visit www.amerihealthnj.com.
* Based on analysis done through an independent source.
AmeriHealth New Jersey
Public Relations Manager