iWave Software Introduces Storage Automator v6.5 for End-to-End Enterprise Storage Automation
iWave Software, a provider of storage automation software, today unveiled iWave Storage Automator v6.5, an automation product that lowers storage administration costs by empowering end users to provision, extend and reclaim enterprise storage. A free 30-day trial of iWave Storage Automator is available at iWave Software's website (www.iwavesoftware.com) and can be downloaded, installed and configured in an hour or less.
iWave Storage Automator provides users such as VMware administrators, Linux administrators and Windows users with a comprehensive catalog of fully automated storage services accessible through an intuitive, self-service Web portal. While end users are empowered to provision, extend and reclaim their own storage, storage administrators retain total control of all automated storage services through a robust set of storage automation policies. iWave's automated storage services are accessible through a RESTful API that lets Storage Automator integrate seamlessly with enterprise IT process orchestration platforms, cloud orchestration tools and IT system management (ITSM) applications.
“Storage automation is one of the key technologies enterprise organizations should consider as they deal with accelerating storage growth,” said Gene Ruth, research director at Gartner. “Storage automation is emerging as a distinct niche of the IT orchestration market, as storage automation products are developing key functionality required to deal with the complexities of enterprise storage environments.”
iWave Software's Storage Automator v6.5 expands upon the solution's original benefits of helping storage administrators and their staffs meet explosive storage growth demands, easily integrate with private cloud orchestration solutions, reduce costs and leverage existing storage assets while maintaining complete control of multi-vendor storage environments. New features in iWave Storage Automator v6.5 include:
- Automated services for block and file storage: Users can provision, remove and extend block storage for Linux, VMware ESX Servers and VMware clusters, as well as CIFS (Windows) and NFS volumes. iWave Storage Automator v6.5 also now supports iSCSI-connected block storage, configures Windows Active Directory permissions on CIFS, and enforces quotas on provisioned storage.
- Expanded multi-vendor support: Supports EMC VMAX, VNX and CLARiiON, Dell Compellent and NetApp FAS storage arrays.
- Automated chargeback/showback functionality: Automatically associates charge codes with any storage provisioned or reclaimed by the user with report data easily downloadable into existing chargeback or showback reporting systems.
- A software development kit (SDK): Modify or extend any storage service that is published in the storage services catalog, as well as create new services that can then be published and administered.
- Ease of integration with RESTful Web API: Easily integrates into an organization's existing portals, IT process orchestration middleware and private cloud architectures.
- Execution windows for automated storage services: Lets storage administrators define multiple execution windows and determine which services will be executed in which windows.
Brent Rhymes, CEO of iWave Software, said, “iWave has been the first to deliver storage automation as a product. With version 6.5, we provide storage administrators with the ability to download and try Storage Automator directly from the iWave Software website. Version 6.5 also adds support for automated services for network attached storage (NAS), and enables large organizations to leverage their investments in NAS systems to deliver true storage-as-a-service to their end users.”
iWave Storage Automator v6.5 is available now. Storage professionals can download the free, 30-day trial from the iWave Software website at http://www.iwavesoftware.com/download.
About iWave Software
iWave Software provides storage and cloud automation solutions to enterprises, IT solution providers and OEM partners to lower IT operating costs, increase business agility and improve service levels. Its flagship iWave Automator product suite helps organizations streamline operations and easily install, configure and automate tasks associated with the provisioning and management of storage infrastructures, data centers, and cloud environments. Headquartered in Frisco (Dallas), Texas, with offices in the United Kingdom and Canada, iWave Software is a privately held affiliate of the Hall Financial Group. For more information, please contact iWave Software at (866) 92-iWave, or firstname.lastname@example.org. The company is also accessible via LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter.
All other company and product names contained herein may be trademarks of their respective holders.
Kathryn Ghita, 617-236-0500