Research and Markets: Advances in Meat, Poultry and Seafood Packaging
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/77xjpg/advances_in_meat) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Advances in meat, poultry and seafood packaging" to their offering.
Advances in meat, poultry and seafood packaging provides a comprehensive review of both current and emerging technologies for the effective packaging of muscle foods. Part one provides a comprehensive overview of key issues concerning the safety and quality of packaged meat, poultry and seafood. Part two goes on to investigate developments in vacuum and modified atmosphere packaging for both fresh and processed muscle foods, including advances in bulk packaging and soluble carbon dioxide use. Other packaging methods are the focus of part three, with the packaging of processed, frozen, ready-to-serve and retail-ready meat, seafood and poultry products all reviewed, alongside advances in sausage casings and in-package pasteurization. Finally, part four explores emerging labelling and packaging techniques. Environmentally-compatible, antimicrobial and antioxidant active packaging for meat and poultry are investigated, along with edible films, smart packaging systems, and issues regarding traceability and regulation.
Key Topics Covered:
Part 1 Safety and quality of packaged meat, poultry and seafood: Major microbiological hazards associated with packaged fresh and processed meat and poultry
- Major microbial hazards associated with packaged seafood
- Sensory and quality properties of packaged fresh and processed meats
- Sensory properties of packaged fresh and processed poultry meat
- Sensory and quality properties of packaged seafood.
Part 2 Developments in vacuum and modified atmosphere packaging of meat, poultry and seafood: Advances in the packaging of fresh and processed meat products
- Advances in vacuum and modified atmosphere packaging of poultry products
- Advances in bulk packaging for the transport of fresh fish
- Advances in vacuum and modified atmosphere packaging of fish and crustaceans
- Advances in vacuum and modified atmosphere packaging of shellfish
- Solubility of carbon dioxide in muscle foods and its use to extend the shelf life of packaged products.
Part 3 Other packaging methods for meat, poultry and seafood products: Packaging of retort-processed seafood, meat and poultry
- Packaging for frozen meat, seafood and poultry products
- Advances in the manufacture of sausage casings
- Packaging of ready-to-serve and retail-ready meat, poultry and seafood products
- In-package pasteurization of ready-to-eat meat and poultry products.
Part 4 Emerging packaging techniques and labelling: Environmentally-compatible packaging of muscle foods
- Antimicrobial and antioxidant active packaging for meat and poultry
- Edible films for meat, poultry and seafood
- Application of smart packaging systems for conventionally packaged muscle-based food products
- Traceability in the meat, poultry and seafood industries
- Labelling of meat, poultry, seafood and their products in the EU
- Food packaging laws and regulation with particular emphasis to meat, poultry and fish.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/77xjpg/advances_in_meat
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd