Research and Markets: Handbook of Natural Fibres: Processing and Applications
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/28q3jt/handbook_of) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Handbook of natural fibres: Processing and applications" to their offering.
Growing awareness of environmental issues has led to increasing demand for goods produced from natural products, including natural fibres. The two-volume Handbook of natural fibres is an indispensible tool in understanding the diverse properties and applications of these important materials. Volume 2: Processing and applications focuses on key processing techniques for the improvement and broader application of natural fibres.
Key Topics Covered:
Part 1 Processing techniques for natural fibres: Silk production and the future of natural silk manufacture
- Improving the flame retardancy of natural fibres
- Improving the properties of natural fibres by chemical treatments
- Ultraviolet-blocking properties of natural fibres
- Enzymatic treatment of natural fibres
- Electrokinetic properties of natural fibres.
Part 2 Applications of natural fibres and case studies: Natural fibres for automotive applications
- Natural fibre composites (NFCs) for construction and automotive industries
- Natural fibres for geotextiles
- The use of flax and hemp for textile applications
- The application of flax and hemp seeds in food, animal feed and cosmetics production
- Natural fibres for paper and packaging
- Environmental textiles from jute and coir
- Antimicrobial natural fibres
- Biomimetics and textile materials
- Enhancing consumer demand for natural textile fibres.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/28q3jt/handbook_of
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd