Toque Magazine's 2nd Annual Food App Awards Announces 19-Member Judges' Panel, Extended Entry Deadline to November 9
Huntington Beach, CA, October 27, 2012 --(PR.com)-- Food and drink app developers and owners now have until November 9, 2012 to enter Toque Magazine's annual Food App Awards. A panel of 19 judges representing all facets of the food, digital, mobile design, research and marketing industries is in place to evaluate the finalists.
“We decided this year we would pull out all the stops and get the best mobile media users, experts and thinkers we could for our judges panel,” says Erika Kotite, owner and editor of Toque. “Their evaluations and comments will provide invaluable information to app owners regardless of their final standing.” All finalists can request their scores and judges' comments after the awards event on Thursday, December 6, 2012.
The judges' panel includes:
· Aaron Watkins (CEO of Appency, the first app PR/marketing firm)
· Amy Sherman (cookbook author, recipe developer, Cooking with Amy blog)
· Sara Bittorf (Chief Branding Officer, Boston Market)
· Heather Way (senior analyst for advanced advertising technologies and platforms, Parks Associates)
· Rick Boyce (VP digital media sales, monster.com)
· Kyle Bishop (director of digital strategy & creative services, 360PR)
· Chuck Martin (CEO of the Mobile Future Institute)
· Editors at Food52
· Margaret Kavanagh and Erin Lang Masercola (editor and editorial director, Beckett Guide to Phone Apps)
· Alex Kim (president of Createch Group)
· Anne Maxfield (food blogger and app reviewer, The Accidental Locavore)
· Gordon Plutsky (CMO, King Fish Media)
· Charlotte Abrams, Megan Greenburg, Assunta Swier (co-founders of The Three Kitcheneers)
· Amanda Kooser (technology writer, app and gadget reviewer, CNET)
· Carmen Hughes (partner in high-tech firm Ignite Public Relations)
· Chuck Fuller (director of business development, AdKnowledge)
Toque's 2012 Food App Awards, which takes place December 6, 2012, will bestow a Best Overall Food App award, as well as 15 additional awards in categories including Best Value, Best Design, Best Cooking and Best Social. Apps can be entered directly on the toquemag.com site. Cost to enter a single app is Free; $75 per app thereafter.
Submissions are welcome from developers, as well as restaurants, chefs or business owners. Apps must be available in the U.S. and must be in English (or have an English version). Both free apps and paid apps are eligible. Apps should be in their most current version and can run on any standard mobile platform.
Deadline for entries has been extended to November 9, 2012. Finalists will be announced on Tuesday, November 13. The winning apps will be announced during a Twitter event on December 6.
For more information or to enter, visit http://www.toquemag.com/2012-food-app-awards
Toque (www.toquemag.com) is an online magazine featuring original articles on food trends, culture, politics, history and preparation. It is read by professional chefs, restaurant professionals, and passionate cooks congregate looking for news, articles, business advice, food app information, jobs and events.
Contact via Email
Click here to read the full story: Toque Magazine's 2nd Annual Food App Awards Announces 19-Member Judges' Panel, Extended Entry Deadline to November 9View Comments and Join the Discussion!