New HIPAA SmartAudit App Available for DIY Self-Audits
Based on Smartsheet's online collaboration tool and coupled with OCR's HIPAA Audit Protocol content, eMedikon's DIY HIPAA SmartAudit puts the power in practitioners' hands
Bellevue WA and Ocala FL (PRWEB) October 31, 2012
Based on the HIPAA audit protocol established by OCR, eMedikon today unveiled its new HIPAA SmartAudit tool. The online tool is designed for the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) medical practice who wants to conduct its own HIPAA audits and close compliance gaps without costly consultants or high-priced software. It's available as a free 30-day trial at http://www.eMedikon.com/HIPAASmartAudit.
HIPAA SmartAudit is a powerful self-audit tool, offering online collaboration, file sharing, and workflow functionality combined with HIPAA-specific content. “Busy medical practices, hospitals and clinics need more than a spreadsheet checklist to attain and maintain continuous audit readiness, but they can't afford compliance consultants or the time required to learn to use complicated proprietary software,” said Peter J. Polack, MD Founder of eMedikon. “SmartAudit is the one-stop solution; it provides everything they need, including corrective action management tools, in an easy-to-use interface, at a minimal cost.”
Using Smartsheet's spreadsheet-like online collaboration platform as the technical foundation for the tool, SmartAudit comes pre-populated with publicly available audit protocols and adds the ability to manage corrective action, circulate notices and discussions as well as turn action lists into projects.
“It goes beyond the typical audit solutions on the market that simply provide an assessment and score where your organization ranks on compliance,” said Dr. Polack. “SmartAudit actually helps you track progress, share related documents, assign tasks, and document all your remediation or corrective measures to ensure you're audit-ready 7x24x365.”
In one convenient cloud app, eMedikon's HIPAA SmartAudit helps organizations:
- Record audit readiness according to each key activity and protocol
- Note specific remediation actions, whether not started, in process, or complete
- Assign and track corrective action assignments of staff members and outside contractors
- Create on-demand management report on progress against goals
- Document and include conversations about specific addressing compliance gaps
- Automatically schedule tasks to keep processes moving smoothly
- Put compliance management processes on a recurring task schedule
- Attach and share any digital files related to audit questions: URLs of websites, policies and procedure documents, guidelines and plans, videos, audio files, checklists, and more
- Centralize all information in one online tool, eliminating challenges for managing with a spreadsheet as an email attachment.
- Share specific policies to legal and compliance experts without providing access to the entire action plan
- Archive sunsetted processes or procedures, policies or plans and produce version history on-demand
- Manage audits for multiple locations
- Build roll-up dashboards as well as site-specific dashboards.
For more information about SmartAudit or to sign up for a free 30-day trial, visit http://www.eMedikon.com/HIPAASmartAudit or email HIPAASmartAudit@eMedikon.com.
Smartsheet.com, a leading work collaboration platform for organizations of all sizes, offers an innovative approach to collaborating on any project or process. Accessible from any device or browser, Smartsheet combines the ease of use of a spreadsheet with collaborative file sharing and discussions, visual timeline management and automated workflow capabilities. It's used to manage diverse types of work including projects, programs, and core business operations. Smartsheet is integrated with leading web services such as Google Apps, Box, and Salesforce. Located in Bellevue WA, the privately held company is backed by Madrona Venture Group, a leading venture capital firm. Visit http://www.smartsheet.com for more details.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/10/prweb10074795.htmView Comments and Join the Discussion!