Protect Your Bubble's Top Ten Christmas Market Destinations
The best destinations in Europe to get fully immersed in Christmas sprit
(PRWEB UK) 31 October 2012
Christmas is not far away and along with the obligatory shopping there are some places in Europe that still continue a real Christmas shopping experience. Find local, handmade goods, real carolers and refreshing mulled wine to put the mood into a Christmas reminiscent of the Middle Ages. Protect Your Bubble, travel insurance provider, has provided this list of the 10 best Christmas markets in Europe.
1. Copenhagen's Christmas Market – Coming directly from Has Christian Anderson, the Tivoli Gardens have hundreds of trees and millions of lights. Visit Father Christmas and his red-clad leprechauns or enjoy a mug of glögg, Danish mulled wine and spices.
2. Berlin Christmas Market – Unlike the majority of Germany, Berlin's modern appeal makes for a much different market. The Kaiser Wilhelm Gedächtniskirche, a memorial church never fully restored after WWII, is not the largest market but certainly the most popular. Find classical Christmas items and antique and contemporary jewellery from some of the most cutting-edge artists in the city.
3. Tallinn Christmas Market – Since 1991, this market's unique location makes for a romantic setting straight off of a chocolate-box. Its latitude means snow, usually, adding to the charm. Handmade gifts abound, but the wool items, socks, jumpers and hats are the real gifts. A lack of bustling activities means it is not best for the kids, but ideal for couples.
4. Prague Markets – Czechs and Christmas go hand in hand, and the Old Town Square hosts the largest of the many in the city. Snow, a petting zoo and the crafts like hand-made candles, puppets and Bohemian crystal.
5. Munich Market – The Marienplatz is the main site in this city famous for neo-gothic architecture. As far from Oktoberfest as Christmas is from summer, the Crib Market offers traditional nativity figures from Bavaria and Austria. A large child-friendly centre has painting and Christmas cookies.
6. Brussels Christmas Market – Foodies love Brussels and the Grand-Place, Brussels commercial hub, is the place to be. The famous guildhouses are lit, and there are lots of food stalls featuring olives, chocolates and other fare. After December 23rd, the stalls really become gastronomically-bent.
7. Dresden Christmas Market – The oldest in Germany, this 1434 market is famous for the Striezelmarkt, a small fruitcake baked as a loaf and dusted with sugar. The Stollen Festival on the second Sunday in December features a 3,000kg Stollen cake shared with everyone in the market.
8. Nuremburg Christmas Market – Handmade wood figurines and famous food make this market a beautiful market. Sausages are a favourite, as is the Lebkuchen, a sticky honey-sweet gingerbread. Be sure to see the appointed ‘Christ child', a young person that opens the market each year.
9. Vienna Christmas Market – One of the oldest and earliest, beginning in mid-November, the park is a big hit with tourists. Find beeswax scented candles and the Vokshalle, a workshop for kids to make presents and bake cookies. World choirs perform on weekends in the Festival Hall.
10. Cologne Christmas Market – The ‘Am Dom' market is the most popular of the four in the city, set below the cathedral, the most visited monument in Germany. Sweets and Glühwein traders sell wares and musicians and bands entertain.
No matter what the plans are for the Christmas Holiday, be sure to prepare completely with traveler insurance. Protect Your Bubble offers coverage travel insurance in case of delays, interruptions or cancellations. For more information on what's cover visit Protect your bubble.
About Protect Your Bubble
Backed by a Fortune 500 company, Protect your bubble is a specialist gadget insurer that offering a wide range of gadget insurance products as well as travel insurance, car hire excess insurance, smartphone insurance and more, all at great value prices.
Travel Insurance - uk.protectyourbubble.com/travel-insurance/
Car Hire Insurance - uk.protectyourbubble.com/carhire-insurance/
Airport Parking - uk.protectyourbubble.com/airport-parking/
Find Us On:
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/10/prweb10073828.htmView Comments and Join the Discussion!