Lucas Systems Updates Jennifer FoodSelect, The Only Comprehensive Voice Picking Solution Designed For Foodservice and Grocery Distribution Centers
Lucas Systems is introducing and demonstrating the latest version of Jennifer FoodSelect at the IFDA Distribution Soultions Conference this week in Las Vegas. The new release supports voice directed picking, receiving, shipping and returns with enhanced GS1 compliance support and industry-specific product traceability features.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Las Vegas, Nevada (PRWEB) October 29, 2012
Lucas Systems, Inc., the leading independent provider of voice-directed warehouse applications, today introduced the next version of Jennifer FoodSelect, the first voice-directed solution designed for foodservice and grocery distribution centers. The updated Jennifer FoodSelect solution is being demonstrated this week at the IFDA Distribution Solutions Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. Upper Lakes Foods, a regional foodservice distributor in Minnesota, is the first customer to install this latest Jennifer voice solution, with immediate, dramatic improvements in selector accuracy and productivity (see the separate announcement, “Upper Lakes Foods Reduces Selection Errors Sixty Percent With Jennifer FoodSelect”).
“Jennifer FoodSelect addresses the accuracy and productivity challenges of foodservice and grocery DCs, in addition to supporting highly efficient product track and trace capabilities using industry-best speech recognition and barcode scanning,” says Jennifer Lachenman, VP of Product Strategy and Business Alliances at Lucas Systems. “From the beginning our goal in introducing Jennifer FoodSelect was to provide large and small foodservice and grocery distributors with the most comprehensive and configurable voice solution possible. This configurable industry solution approach is the best way to deliver a full-featured product while minimizing customization, speeding implementation, and enabling flexibility for the future. The idea is to accelerate deployment without sacrificing flexibility or important features food distributors need to compete.”
The latest release of Jennifer FoodSelect adds configurable voice-directed receiving, putaway, returns and replenishment, in addition to enhanced support for GS1 data standards and food traceability using the Engage Management Services Console. Like all Jennifer solutions, Jennifer FoodSelect combines voice direction with speech recognition (using the Serenade Speech Recognition Engine), and, where appropriate, barcode scanning, key entry and display capabilities provided in industry-standard multi-modal mobile computers. The solution supports GS1 data standards and provides flexible voice- or scan-based data capture for Global Trade Item Numbers (GTIN), lot numbers, date codes, catchweights and other information using Motorola, Honeywell or other standard hardware terminals. The updated product includes:
- Order Selection. Jennifer FoodSelect supports two-stage PIR picking and single and dual-pallet case picking. For foodservice DCs, it includes on-demand case label printing which eliminates selector idle time, reduces paper handling, and adds points to individual productivity rates.
- Truck Loading. Jennifer eliminates loading errors, improves efficiency for warehouse workers, drivers and customers, and enhances worker safety. Standard, voice-enabled HACCP checklists help meet food safety and traceability requirements.
- QC/Audit. The integrated QC/Audit module allows managers to better prioritize audits and focus scarce QC resources on the orders that need to be checked, improving the efficiency and effectiveness of audits.
- Receiving. Associates can use a combination of scan, screen and voice to compare physical receipts against purchase orders or ASNs. Discrepancies are identified and data capture is immediate, eliminating clerical time and costs.
- Putaway. The voice system directs workers through the putaway process, capturing and verifying pallet, item and location information through speech recognition and barcode scanning. Using voice rather than paper or computer screens is both safer and more accurate.
- Replenishment. Jennifer is more efficient and accurate than paper or purely RF-based processes for replenishment. This application can be integrated with voice-directed selection, so that let-down requests are processed immediately to avoid short shipments.
- Returns. Processing returns with Jennifer eliminates clerical steps to improve efficiency, minimize data entry errors, and accelerate inventory updates.
- Engage MSC. Jennifer's flexible, user-friendly web-based console includes route planning and management, robust productivity and process tracking, and system configuration tools. Engage allows supervisors to manage and coordinate selection, replenishment and other tasks to optimize overall efficiency and maximize throughput.
About Lucas Systems, Inc.
Since 1998, Lucas Systems has delivered more voice-directed warehouse applications on a wider variety of mobile computers than any other company. Customers like Cardinal Health, The Container Store, HD Supply, Kraft Nabisco, OfficeMax, Oriental Trading Company and Rustoleum trust Lucas to deliver solutions that greatly improve worker productivity and accuracy because Lucas truly understands warehouse operations. Jennifer VoicePlus, the Lucas voice solution, creates a conversation with warehouse workers that frees their hands and eyes to focus on the job at hand. Jennifer also provides managers and supervisors with real-time reporting and management tools that help them better manage their operations. Tens of thousands of associates at hundreds of distribution centers work with Jennifer every day. For more information, visit http://www.lucasware.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/10/prweb10063388.htmView Comments and Join the Discussion!