Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS) Honors 2012 RAPS Fellows
RAPS honored its 2012 class of Fellows, 12 highly accomplished professionals working in the healthcare product regulatory field.
Seattle (PRWEB) October 29, 2012
The Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS) yesterday honored its 2012 class of RAPS Fellows. The 12 highly accomplished professionals working in the healthcare product regulatory field join exclusive group of approximately 60 of their distinguished colleagues as RAPS Fellows. They were honored during the opening session of 2012 RAPS: The Regulatory Convergence, taking place 26–30 October at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle.
The RAPS Fellows program recognizes senior regulatory professionals for their continued significant contributions and leadership in the advancement of the profession and the professional. Fellows receive a dignified status and hold the FRAPS designation, and serve as important resources for strategic dialogue, implementation of special initiatives and international development. Fellows represent all segments of the RAPS community, including industry, government, academia, research and clinical organizations. This is the fifth year of the RAPS Fellows program.
“These individuals have excelled in their careers and continually demonstrate their dedication to our profession,” said Cecilia Kimberlin, PhD, RAC, FRAPS, RAPS chairman and also vice president of quality affairs, medical affairs and medical products at Abbott.
The 2012 RAPS Fellows are:
- Philippe Auclair, PhD, FRAPS, Senior Director, Regulatory Strategy and Advocacy, Abbott
- Christopher Bentsen, MS, RAC, FRAPS, Manager, Regulatory, Quality and Clinical Affairs, Biorad Laboratories
- David E. Chadwick, PhD, RAC, FRAPS, Director, Regulatory Affairs/Regulatory Science, Cook Inc.
- Mark DuVal, FRAPS , President, DuVal & Associates, P.A.
- Shoshana Friedman, RAC, FRAPS, Corporate Vice President, Quality Assurance, Regulatory and Clinical Affairs, NovoGI Inc.
- Nancy Gertlar, RAC, FRAPS, Senior Assessor Quality Systems and Regulatory Affairs, ConMed Corporation
- Felix Khin-Maung-Gyi, PharmD, MBA, CIP, RAC, FRAPS, Chief Executive Officer, Chesapeake Research Review Inc.
- Elaine C. Messa, RAC, FRAPS, Executive Vice President, Medical Device Practice, Becker and Associates Consulting
- David G. Parsons, PhD, FRAPS, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, GSK Consumer Healthcare
- Sarah Powell, RAC, FRAPS, Executive Director, Regulatory Affairs and Writing Services, Liquent Inc.
- Donna Bea Tillman, PhD, MPA, FRAPS, Senior Consultant, Biologics Consulting Group
- Sathyanarayana M. Upadrashta, PhD, RAC, FAAPS, FRAPS, Senior Director, Global Regulatory Affairs, CMC, Millenium: The Takeda Oncology Company
Members of the working media who wish to cover all or part of 2012 RAPS should contact Zachary Brousseau, senior manager, communications for RAPS. On-site registration also will be available for media with valid press credentials or a letter from an assigning editor on company letterhead.
The Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS) is the largest global organization of and for those involved with the regulation of healthcare and related products, including medical devices, pharmaceuticals, biologics and nutritional products. Founded in 1976, RAPS helped establish the regulatory profession and continues to actively support the professional and lead the profession as a neutral, non-lobbying nonprofit organization. RAPS offers education and training, professional standards, publications, research, knowledge sharing, networking, career development opportunities and other valuable resources, including Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC), the only post-academic professional credential to recognize regulatory excellence. RAPS is headquartered in suburban Washington, DC, with offices in Europe and Asia, and chapters and affiliates worldwide. RAPS.org
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/10/prweb10067548.htmView Comments and Join the Discussion!