World-Renown Physical Therapist and Marketing Specialist Offers Clinicians New Tips for Managing Their Practice with an EMR
Speed, accuracy and better patient management are the hallmarks of electronic medical record (EMR) software. Physical therapist and international marketing specialist, Nitin Chhoda, is an expert at utilizing an EMR for the betterment of clinics. He's sharing his expertise to help others with new tips for managing a practice with an EMR.
Denville, NJ (PRWEB) October 29, 2012
“A physical therapy EMR will help therapists maximize their time, identify unproductive staff and methods, and provide 21st century tools for better patient care and faster reimbursements,” said Chhoda. “Low-cost EMRs are available and will save therapists money in every department.”
Chhoda noted that clinicians should begin by evaluating software specifically designed for a physical therapy practice. There are a number of EMRs that offer the basics, including electronic claims submissions, patient documentation, and billing and coding abilities, but to bring a clinic fully into the 21st century, practitioners should choose a web-based EMR with the following abilities.
- The EMR must be HIPAA compliant;
- The physical therapy software must be easy to navigate, offer online training, and allow therapists to begin using it immediately;
- Communication via text, email, phone and voice messaging for payment and appointment reminders;
- Online options that allow clients to pay their bills via credit and debit cards, make recurring and one-time payments, or deduct funds directly from their checking or savings accounts;
- A patient portal where clients can view their test results, request medication refills, complete health information forms, and schedule appointments;
- Individual or batch submission of reimbursement claims online to facilitate better cash flow;
- Software that's compatible with multiple browsers that can be employed with tablet technology for portability;
- Offer extensive patient documentation with past and current diagnosis, treatment, medication, surgery and testing information;
- Provide clinicians with the ability to consult with other healthcare providers, schedule needed testing with the appropriate facilities and departments and transmit prescriptions;
- The ability to create custom documents that reflect the clinic's unique needs;
- Metrics that provide therapists with information on referral sources, patient demographics and the ability to track and monitor marketing efforts.
EMRs offer practitioners an array of valuable tools to manage every facet of their practice and Chhoda's new tips provide therapists with the information needed to make an informed decision on their choice of EMR. A physical therapy EMR provides clinicians with essential information to begin patient treatments quicker, while simplifying and accelerating the collection and reimbursement process for a more efficient, productive and profitable practice.
Chhoda's office can be reached by phone at 201-535-4475. For more information, visit the website at http://www.emrnews.com.
ABOUT NITIN CHHODA
Nitin Chhoda PT, DPT is a licensed physical therapist, a certified strength and conditioning specialist and an entrepreneur. He is the author of "Physical Therapy Marketing For The New Economy" and “Marketing for Physical Therapy Clinics” and is a prolific speaker, writer and creator of products and systems to streamline medical billing and coding, electronic medical records, health care practice management and marketing to increase referrals. He has been featured in numerous industry magazines, major radio and broadcast media, and is the founder of Referral Ignition training systems and the annual Private Practice Summit. Chhoda speaks extensively throughout the U.S., Canada and Asia. He is also the creator of the Therapy Newsletter and Clinical Contact, both web-based services to help private practices improve communication with patients, delivery better quality of care and boost patient retention.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebPT-documentation-software/electronic-medical-record/prweb10051151.htmView Comments and Join the Discussion!