7 Haunting Halloween Wedding Planning Ideas
Thinking about planning a Halloween wedding? Wedding planning and design firm, Mango Muse Events shares 7 inspiring ideas to help make sure it's a night to remember.
(PRWEB) October 26, 2012
Considering planning a wedding on Halloween? Having a Halloween wedding is a fantastic idea for a couple that absolutely loves the holiday. While it can easily turn into a run of the mill Halloween party with ghouls and spider webs, don't let it! It's a special occasion, so make it haunting and unforgettable, not cheesy. Here are 7 inspiring ideas to help make sure the wedding is a night to remember:
1. Choose a historic venue. When it comes to Halloween, choose a place with history, character and texture. Pick a place that evokes mystery and surprise and has interesting design details. For example, choose a castle or ruins or an older historic building. Consider having a destination wedding in a location that has the right Halloween vibe and history – think Mexico or Europe (places like Scotland, Belgium, Romania or Venice).
2. Create a masquerade ball. Give guests masks as they arrive to add some intrigue and mystery. Be elegant and use classic Venetian masks, or be more playful with animal masks or dark with day of the dead masks.
3. Play with the colors. Don't just use the traditional Halloween bright orange and black. Try an array of oranges instead. Or go softer with dark grey, ivory, peach and mint green. Or go glam with gold, deep blue and black.
4. Make your centerpieces edible. Treat guests to a mini candy buffet on each table. The sweets can be traditional Halloween candies or beautifully colored ones to fit the style. Maybe they are all black and guests have to taste them to discover what they are.
5. Do something unexpected. Surprise guests and greet them with a spin on trick or treat where each guest must say a phrase like the couples names before receiving a treat and entering the room.
6. Take your personal style into account. Halloween doesn't just mean dark, moody or Goth. It can be ethereal or vintage or rustic in design, just make sure to put a spin on it so that it is Halloween inspired as well.
7. Incorporate fun entertainment that is a little out of the ordinary. Entertain guests with a magician or a contortionist during cocktail hour or dancing. Go all out and create a unique Haunted House in a separate room customized with personal fears. It can be silly or scary, but will promise to be all kinds of fun.
Halloween weddings are fun, unique and can really tell a couple's story. So, don't be afraid to get creative! Put on a witch's hat and brew something magical.
Jamie Chang is the owner and lead event consultant at Mango Muse Events. Mango Muse Events is a boutique event planning and design firm specializing in customized destination weddings and social occasions. Mango Muse Events is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and orchestrates events in Northern California, Hawaii and beyond.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/10/prweb10055447.htmView Comments and Join the Discussion!