OKW Extends CARRYTEC Range of Portable Instrument Enclosures
OKW has added new models and a station to the CARRYTEC range of portable plastic instrument enclosures. The new larger Size M models offer more internal space for the electronics. The station is specially designed for charging and data transfer.
Bridgeville, PA (PRWEB) October 25, 2012
OKW has added new models and a station to the CARRYTEC range of portable plastic instrument enclosures.
The new larger Size M models offer more internal space for the electronics. The station is specially designed for charging and data transfer.
Typical applications for the CARRYTEC hand held enclosure range includes medical and wellness equipment, data recording and monitoring and communications technology.
CARRYTEC enclosures are also ideal for safety systems, measuring and control instruments and agricultural and forest management electronics.
The new size means that the CARRYTEC series is now available as small enclosures with external dimensions of 8.74” x 8.07” x 3.15” (Size S) and as medium-sized cases with dimensions of 10.62” x 9.72” x 3.58” (Size M).
The range is offered in two standard materials: ABS housings (UL 94 HB) in off-white (RAL 9002) for indoor use, and fiberglass reinforced polyamide (PA GV) in lava gray (NCS S 7502-G) for tougher outdoor applications. An IP54-rated sealing kit is also available as an accessory.
CARRYTEC housings have been designed to be robust enough to survive tough working environments. The carrying handle is integral to the main case body, making it much tougher than cases with retrofit handles.
OKW Enclosures, Inc, Vice President, Sales, Sean Bailey, said: “CARRYTEC has proven to be a real winner. Demand for the original Size S CARRYTEC enclosures ensured it was only a matter of time before we launched Size M.
He added: “The new data transfer and charging stations will be particular useful for the medical sector where instruments are used around the clock and by more than one person.”
CARRYTEC plastic housings are very easy to assemble. The top, bottom and handle grip moldings are assembled with five security screws (Torx T10). The handle grip is molded in soft-touch TPE material for comfortable carrying.
Membrane keypads, displays and touch screens can be fitted to the recessed top section. Connectors and switches can be mounted to inset flat sections on the underside. Screw pillars are provided in the top and bottom for fitting the PCBs. Prices start at $55.
The new charging and data transfer station can be mounted on a wall, machine housing or simply used on a desk.
A snap-lock holds the CARRYTEC PCB housing in the station at a convenient viewing angle of 15 degrees. Data transfer and charging is facilitated by 5-pole contacts fitted to the case and station base parts.
Other accessories for CARRYTEC electronics enclosures include battery compartments for five 1.5V AA cells and a medical holding clamp for round tubes or rails.
OKW can supply CARRYTEC as customized enclosures with additional holes for keypads, connectors, controls and displays. It can also silk-screen print legends and logos and provide RFI shielding on the inside.
Features of CARRYTEC electronics enclosures:
- Unique ergonomic handheld enclosures with integrated handle and soft-touch grip
- Handle located above the center of gravity for balanced carrying
- Large internal volume without being cumbersome
- Recessed area in the top section for locating keypads and displays
- Three inset areas on the underside for fitting connectors, cable glands and switches
- Internal screw pillars for mounting PCBs
- Molded in ABS or PA for indoor or outdoor use
- Optional station for desk enclosure use or for mounting to a wall, machine housing or vehicle
- The station can be used for charging and data transfer using the accessory contacts
- Suitable for mounting to suspension arms
- Assembled by anti-tamper Torx T10 screws
- Battery compartment for five 1.5V AA cells can be fitted (machining required)
- Material/color – ABS (UL 94 HB) off-white, RAL 9002; Reinforced PA lava gray, NCS S 7502-B; Reinforced ABS off-white, RAL 9002 (holding clamp)
- Protection Class – IP54 (with optional sealing kit)
- Accessories – desk/wall station, station base panel, holding clamp, IP54 sealing kit, battery compartment (5 x AA), contacts, PCB screws, T10 screwdriver.
Other ranges of instrument enclosures from OKW include:
- MOTEC and MOTEC PORTABLE – stylish modern range of snap-together enclosures with aluminum front panels, available in S, M and L sizes
- MEDITEC and MEDITEC PORTABLE – with strengthening ribs for robust construction, available in four plan sizes and two standard heights
- EURO CASE and EURO CASE PORTABLE – large range of sizes with four heights and two standard widths. Available with or without ventilation slots.
For more information about CARRYTEC instrument enclosures, view the OKW website or contact OKW Enclosures, Inc, Vice President, Sales, Sean Bailey, Tel: 800-965-9872.
Notes for Editors
OKW ENCLOSURES, INC.
Abele Business Park
3000 Old Pond Road
Tel. 800 965 9872
Tel. 412 220 9244
Fax. 412 220 9247
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebinstrument/enclosures/prweb10040866.htmView Comments and Join the Discussion!