Straub Construction Inc., Looking for Vice-President Business Development
Great opportunity for successful design-build business developer
Fallbrook, CA (PRWEB) October 24, 2012
Straub Construction has steadily grown into one of the most experienced and respected providers of construction services in the southwestern United States. The company has an outstanding performance record in the states of California, Nevada, Arizona and Alaska. Straub's unyielding commitment to “Building for Excellence” is the key to our continued success for over 35 years. Straub's reputation has become one of our most important assets. That reputation was and continues to be founded on the integrity of our employees, solid values, financial stability, innovation and outstanding leadership.
Straub is a privately held corporation which has experienced steady and stable growth to its present position with annual contract revenue of more than $100 million. The company specializes in public facility construction for government and municipal clients.
Straub offers a full complement of construction services to meet clients' needs: preconstruction, general contracting, design-build, and turnkey capabilities. We perform under multiple contract types and delivery methods depending on our clients' requirements and preferences, including lump sum, guaranteed maximum price or negotiated procurement.
We are now embarking on an exciting journey to expand our offerings to new federal and non-federal industries in addition to our current DOD pursuits. We need a strong and innovative leader to partner with our CEO in achieving critical and challenging goals over the next five years. We have the financial investment, the track record and the people talent to make this happen. Now we need a leader!
This new position is responsible for directing and coordinating all of the business development work activities related to Federal, municipal, educational and other targeted markets in related industries to maximize yearly revenue goals. The Vice President Business Development will develop and implement the sales and marketing portions of the annual strategic plan for the company, through identification of target markets, capture planning and closing deals with existing and new clients.
- Provide direction and leadership for all aspects of business development on a day-to-day basis that lead to meeting new sales revenues and repeat business from existing clients.
- Be responsible for developing relationships through networking and other business development activities that result in securing additional contracts with DOD and other federal contracts as well as non-federal contracts.
- Must have extensive current relationships with potential or current customers as well as collaborative relationships with other firms (architects, engineers, subcontractors, etc.) that lead to new business opportunities.
- Identify, develop, and close new business opportunities that meet company revenue and profit goals.
- Evaluate and assist in the planning of the organization's fiscal function and performance, responsible for market analyses, preparation and plans to achieve annual company sales.
- Develop, implement, and monitor applicable business development policies, procedures and practices.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, and introduction of new programs/strategies.
- Facilitate regular review sessions with the CEO to evaluate business development performance as it relates to the overall business performance. Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and plans.
- Must have direct involvement experience in the capture planning/strategic development of identified project pursuits including market research, targeting projects, go-no go process, competitor analysis, team development, strategic hires, technical approach strategies, as well as major proposal and presentation preparation.
- Review the current organization structure and advise on key strategic hires that enhance the company's ability to win new projects.
- Be actively engaged in business operations including regularly visiting site operations and customers to understand market nuances/changes and opportunities to enhance sales.
- Motivate, lead and retain a high-performance company management team; attract and recruit required members of the team not currently in place; provide mentoring/training & development to existing team members.
- Manage and evaluate performance metrics especially as they relate to customer satisfaction and company profitability. Advise on improving processes, eliminating errors, developing and measuring performance metrics especially as they relate to profitability, increasing revenues, controlling costs and improving customer satisfaction.
- Travel as needed to clients, job sites, networking events, conferences, etc. to satisfy the above functions.
- 10 Years in Construction industry, preferably in the DoD, other federal and a variety of other markets. Design-Build experience is considered a plus.
- Ability to identify new customers, network with key decision makers, develop strategic teaming and technical approaches that “close deals” and leads to increased win ratios.
- Effectively manage and delegate responsibilities to subordinates resulting in increased efficiencies and profitability for the company.
- Seasoned leadership and managerial skills in leading and mentoring staff including the ability to motivate and manage individuals to accomplish departmental goals.
- Personal qualities which include a focus for continuous improvement, being quality driven, having a high energy level and a collaborative management style.
- Willingness to make decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgment and make timely decisions.
Straub offers a collaborative environment in a modern and well-appointed facility in beautiful, rural Fallbrook, California (Northern San Diego County, 30 minutes from the beach) We offer a full benefit package including health insurance, 401(k) Plan, paid vacation and sick time and a company car. Base salary package is market competitive with additional financial incentives for achieving specific goals.
This is an immediate opening so please forward your resume and salary history immediately to Cathy Akin, Human Resources Director. Cathy.akin(at)straubinc(dot)com
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/10/prweb10050497.htmView Comments and Join the Discussion!