TeXchange Houston Town Hall Meeting on Leadership and Management for Our Twitter World
Houston networking event for Houston owners, founders, and senior executives.
Houston, TX (PRWEB) October 24, 2012
TeXchange Houston today announced the panelists and agenda for its Thursday October 25th town hall meeting and networking event. In addition to CEO networking and town hall meeting forum for discussion, event panelists Art Saxby and John Younker will share best practices on the topic of Leadership & Management with special focus on Management Effectiveness in our Twitter world.
The event will cover the following leadership management topics:
- The hallmarks of effective management
- The roles of a company board and/or advisors
- How to overcome team skill gaps
- What to expect from employees in key positions
- What KPIs investors require from a company's business model
- Getting the most out of your employees and advisors
“Beyond the practical how-to advice on the latest management tools and leadership strategies, what the CEOs are able to take back and apply to their companies immediately is the real value of Houston TeXchange,” commented Garry E. Meier, TeXchange Chairman, sponsor, and Ephor Group Chairman. “The metrics, tools, and processes shared at TeXchange are the fundamental tactics we've seen distinguish market laggards from leaders in the institutional investment community.”
Panelist bio for Art Saxby, Chief Outsiders. Innovator and born nomad, Art Saxby has a reputation for being “Mr. Fix It.”
- At Hines Horticulture Saxby led the implementation of new strategy helping position the company for sale.
- At Imperial Sugar, Saxby introduced an innovative customer based growth strategy that helped drive the company's stock price from a previous $1.05 to $35 a share.
- A seasoned professional, he has worked in marketing and strategy at Frito-Lay, Kellogg's, CocaCola, Compaq Computers/HP, and Imperial Sugar. Saxby is a husband, father of two, cyclist, wine enthusiast, and world traveler - although he doesn't believe in booking the same vacation spot twice, sighting that there's too much in the world to see. Saxby, his wife, and two daughters live in Cypress, Texas.
Panelist bio for John N. Younker, Ph.D.. John is currently a business advisor, consultant, and coach to Houston CEO and leadership teams. John's background includes:
- Cofounder and President of Houston based ACI.
- John has served, since 1993, as a Chair for Vistage, an international organization dedicated to increasing the effectiveness and enhancing the lives of CEO's and their Key Executives.
- Executive Professor at University of Houston.
- Senior Vice-President at The Institute, Inc. and was a Vice-President and Senior Field Researcher at the American Productivity & Quality Center (APQC). At the Center, he was extensively involved in field research and advisory initiatives that focused on employee involvement and empowerment, the development of high performing work teams, organization assessment and planning, and service quality improvement.
- Other organizational associations include the Shell Mining Company, the Geisinger Medical Center, and the U.S. Navy where John was actively involved in Navy's efforts in leadership and organization development, race relations education, and drug and alcohol abuse education and rehabilitation.
- John holds a doctorate in Industrial-Organizational Psychology from The University of Memphis. He is a guest speaker and lecturer and his writings are published in several professional journals and textbooks.
“We welcome senior executives to join us Thursday October 25th for networking, learning, and discussion,” commented Charles Bedard, TeXchange Houston Director.
About the Houston TeXchange Events:
All TeXchange events are hosted at The Briar Club @ 2603 Timmons Lane, Houston, Texas 77027 (complimentary valet parking)
The event fee, which includes dinner, is $25 for TeXchange members and $35 for non-members. Events are open to guests.
All TeXchange events are hosted from 6 to 9 pm with the following
schedule of activities:
6:00 p.m. - Networking and Cocktail Reception
6:45 p.m. – Program and Dinner
7:30 p.m. - Table Discussions, Presentations and Question & Answer Session
8:30 p.m. - Closing Comments/Wrap up
About TeXchange: TeXchange is critical to the economic growth, job creation and prosperity of the Houston technology oriented business community. As we head into 2012, the TeXchange Board of Directors of the Houston Chapter would like to formally invite you to join our community as we strive to make Houston known as a preeminent hub for technology business.
TeXchange Houston Chapter Sponsors include:
Weaver LLP, http://www.weaverllp.com
Aventine Hill Partners Inc, http://www.aventinehillinc.com
Ephor Group LLC, http://www.ephorgroup.com
Fizer, Beck, Webster, Bentley, Scroggins, http://www.fizerbeck.com
MEMBER AND GUEST CONTACT for questions and to sign up for events:
24 E. Greenway Plaza suite 440
Houston, TX 77046
Source: Ephor Group, LLC
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/10/prweb9985376.htmView Comments and Join the Discussion!