Major League Gaming Closes Out 2012 Pro Circuit With Epic Fall Championship in Dallas November 2-4
More than 1200 of the World's Best Gamers Compete for More Than $180,000 in Prizes
Event Features a Pre-Release Halo 4 Tournament and Competitions for StarCraft ® II: Wings of Liberty ®, League of Legends and Mortal Kombat™, TEKKEN Tag Tournament 2 and PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale ™ on PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system
Competition Streamed LIVE at www.majorleaguegaming.com/live
NEW YORK, Oct. 25, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The top names in eSports will compete for more than $180,000 in prizes at the Major League Gaming (MLG) Fall Championship. MLG, the world's largest competitive video game league, will return to Dallas, Texas, for the eighth time to close out the 2012 Pro Circuit Season. From November 2-4, thousands of fans will descend upon the Dallas Convention Center and hundreds of thousands more will watch online as the world's best compete in the three-day tournament. Spectator, competitor and HD online viewing passes are available at http://store.majorleaguegaming.com/.
The Games, Players and Prizing – More than 1200 players will compete in the three-day tournament
- Halo 4 (Exclusive Pre-Release Tournament) - $40,000 in prizes: Making its return to the Pro Circuit, the latest installment of the storied franchise will be featured in a pre-release tournament days before the game is released to the public on November 6. More than 850 of the best players in MLG history will compete in teams of four.
- StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty® on PC - $76,000 in prizes; $25,000 for 1st Place: Hundreds of players from around the world will compete in Blizzard Entertainment's intense real-time strategy game for the 1st place prize of $25,000.
- League of Legends on PC - $30,000 in prizes: Eight teams including Team SoloMid, Azubu Blaze, Najin Sword and Curse Gaming will battle for 1st place recognition in this invitational.
- Mortal Kombat on PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system – $16,700 in prizes: The popular fighting game will return to the Pro Circuit in Dallas as top players compete on Friday, November 2 and Saturday, November 3.
- TEKKEN Tag Tournament 2 on PS3 - $15,000 in prizes: The recently released game will make its Pro Circuit tournament debut with the competition running Friday, November 2 and Saturday, November 3.
- PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale™ on PS3 - $5,000 in prizes: All event attendees will have the exclusive opportunity to participate in a pre-release tournament for PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale™ before the game is released on November 20th. Free of charge, attendees can play and compete on open stations on Friday, November 2 and Saturday, November 3. Top finishers will advance to a bracket on Sunday, November 4 for a chance at $5,000 in prizes.
During the tournament, competitors will use the forthcoming Turtle Beach/MLG TM1 Tournament Mixers. The TM1 enables communication for up to six players, the chaining of units for up to 12 audio channels, a broadcast feed and many other competition features. Combined with the Turtle Beach control unit, the TM1 provides powerful game tournament audio. The Turtle Beach/MLG Mixers and Ear Force XP-SEVEN and Z-SEVEN headsets are slated to be released in 2013.
Spectators will view the competition on huge video screens with LIVE commentating. Attendees will visit an array of booths featuring meet and greets with Pro Players and MLG personalities, the latest products from partners, pre-release access to games and more. Booths highlights include:
- BenQ, official gaming monitor sponsor of MLG: See how BenQ's professional gaming monitors, designed by legendary gamers, will take your game to the next level. Why play when you can conQuer! Tournament monitors available at $249 (RL2450HT) and $179 (GL2450HM).
- BIC® Flex4® Razors, official razor of MLG: Compete in the BIC® Flex4® Razors Challenge Center and take on other spectators for prizes in a variety of popular games for PS3, Xbox, and PC.
- Dr Pepper, official soft drink of MLG: Stop by for Halo, Starcraft II, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, and League of Legends Free Play, photo opps in the Dr Pepper Photo Booth, Text-to-Win promotions and to try an ice cold Dr Pepper, Diet Dr Pepper or Dr Pepper Ten.
- Full Sail University: Take a moment to relax, re-charge your phones and learn how to create your own gaming character at the Full Sail University booth! Located in Winter Park, Florida (just outside of Orlando), Full Sail University specializes in an accelerated style of education geared toward video games, design, animation and more. Visit fullsail.edu for more information.
- GUNNAR Optiks, officially licensed eyewear of MLG - Advanced Gaming Eyewear: Nab those extra frags by visiting the MLG Pro Shop where you can demo, ask questions, and purchase MLG Phantoms and MLG Legends. Keep an eye on the MLG Mobile Application for special videos, photo contests, prize giveaways, swag, and more.
- iBUYPOWER, official gaming PC of MLG: iBUYPOWER is giving away an autographed Chimera 4SE and more prizes! Check the iBUYPOWER booth or website during the championship for more information. Also stop by to learn about the hardware engineering and design that goes into making a competitive-grade gaming system, and play on one too!
- Mad Catz - MLG Pro Circuit Controllers for Xbox 360 and PS3 and MLG Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition: Purchase the MLG Pro Circuit Controller and accessories and the MLG Arcade FightStick. Mad Catz will be featuring their entire range of MLG Pro Circuit Controller accessories including the new Hard Tension Analog ProModule™ and 4-Button D-Pad ProModule™. Try the MLG Pro Circuit Controller/Accessories & FightStick TE at the Mad Catz booth with the latest console FPS and Fighting Game titles.
- MLG Pro Shop: Purchase an array of MLG merchandise including Nike apparel (quarter zips, hoodies and t shirts), limited edition Fall Championship gear. Brand new items that will be available are the MLG Pro Circuit Backpack, SteelSeries Sensei MLG Edition Gaming Mouse and official tees from Blizzard Entertainment, Riot Games and Microsoft.
- NOS, official energy drink of MLG: NOS invites fans to attend the NOS MLG Fall Championship Kick Off Party on Thursday, November 1st from 8 - 10pm at The Fan Sports Lounge. Stop by the party to play MLG Pro Circuit games, sample free NOS and mingle with Pro players and MLG personalities.
- PlayStation®, official partner of MLG: Play, Compete, and Win at the PlayStation Compound. Go head to head on PS3 and PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) handheld entertainment system for big prizes! The compound is packed with PlayStation® exclusives like PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, God of War™: Ascension and LittleBigPlanet™ Karting. You can also get hands-on with the hottest new and unreleased games like Need for Speed™ Most Wanted and Far Cry 3®.
- SteelSeries: Winning Is Everything. All weekend long, SteelSeries will be upgrading fans with VIP seats and giving away premium SteelSeries product to lucky attendees. Grab your SteelSeries bracelet at the door for your chance to win great gear and be sure to stop by the MLG Pro Shop to check out the MLG Sensei.
- Xperia Smartphone by Sony: Visit the Sony Xperia Booth and check out the brand new Xperia TL, in-stores November 2 and featured in the upcoming James Bond cinema release SKYFALL, in theatres November 9. Play Modern Combat 3 and other exciting mobile games on the Xperia TL and Xperia ion. Both smartphones are PlayStation Certified© to guarantee a high-quality smartphone gaming experience. Plus, Xperia owners receive early entry to the event (30 minutes) on Friday, November 2.
Online Viewing in HD
For those not attending in person, the weekend competition will be broadcast LIVE online at www.majorleaguegaming.com/live beginning November 2 at 5pm CST. Fans can watch five streams in standard definition for free or upgrade to watch ad-free in HD and secure access to DVR.
Some of the most talented casters in the world of eSports will be commentating the tournament including:
- Halo 4: Halo Pro Kyle "Elamite Warrior" Elam, Andy "Bravo" Dudynsky, Nathan "Unbreakable" Mann, and Frank "U4ixx" Bowen.
- StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty: Day, Apollo, djWheat, TotalBiscuit, Mr Bitter, Axeltoss, Axslav, Clutch, and Adebisi (observer).
- League of Legends: Deman, Jatt, Phreak, MonteCristo and OptimusTom.
- PlayStation®3 (PS3™) Games – Mortal Kombat, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale™: Eric 'Juicebox Abel' Albino, Bill "Tom Brady" Menoutis, and Reepal "RIP" Parbhoo.
Details about the MLG Fall Championship - Dallas:
Dates: November 2-4, 2012
- Friday, November 2 - Doors open at 1:30 PM with the official welcome at 5:00 PM and competition on the main stages from 5:30 PM – 1:30 AM
- Saturday, November 3 - 10:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Sunday, November 4 - 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Location: Dallas Convention Center, Hall A
650 S. Griffin Street
Dallas, TX 75202
- Spectator Passes for the weekend: $35 ($30 for Gold Members)
Katie Goldberg - VP Communications and PR
Major League Gaming
ABOUT MAJOR LEAGUE GAMING:
Major League Gaming (MLG) (www.majorleaguegaming.com) is the world's largest eSports organization with millions of LIVE viewers, fans and competitors around the globe. MLG enables gamers to compete, improve their skills, and socialize through Gamebattles.com (www.gamebattles.com), the largest online destination for competitive console and PC gaming featuring more than 8 million registered gamers, and the annual MLG Pro Circuit featuring LIVE, in-person tournaments in cities nationwide. MLG broadcasts competitive play, analysis and more via online streaming to hundreds of thousands of fans in an average of more than 170 countries. The 2012 MLG Pro Circuit Spring Championship shattered records reaching more than 4.7 million unique online viewers over the weekend and 2.2 million unique viewers on Championship Sunday with more male 18-24 year old viewers than the 2012 Rose Bowl.
ABOUT BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT, INC.:
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft® and the Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. (www.blizzard.com), a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software renowned for creating some of the industry's most critically acclaimed games. Blizzard Entertainment's track record includes fourteen #1-selling games and multiple Game of the Year awards. The company's online-gaming service, Battle.net®, is one of the largest in the world, with millions of active players.
ABOUT RIOT GAMES:
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Since launch, gamers from around the world have flocked to League of Legends -- over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
ABOUT WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT:
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, is a premier worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all current and future platforms, including console, handheld and PC-based gaming for both internal and third party game titles.
Mortal Kombat and all related characters and elements are ™ and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
About Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC:
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC continues to redefine the entertainment lifestyle with its PlayStation® and PS one® systems, the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system, the ground-breaking PlayStation®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system, PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) system, and its online and network services, the PlayStation®Network and PlayStation®Store. Recognized as the undisputed industry leader, Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC markets the PlayStation family of products and develops, publishes, markets and distributes software for the PS one, PlayStation 2, PSP, PSPgo, PS Vita and PS3 systems for the North American market. Based in Foster City, Calif., Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC serves as headquarters for all North American operations. Visit us on the Web at http://www.us.playstation.com.
©2012 Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC. "PlayStation", "PSP", "PS one" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks and "PS3" is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com