Research and Markets: Robotics and Automation in the Food Industry: Current and Future Technologies
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/smplmv/robotics_and) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Robotics and automation in the food industry: Current and future technologies" to their offering.
The implementation of robotics and automation in the food sector offers great potential for improved safety, quality and profitability by optimizing process monitoring and control.
Robotics and Automation in the Food Industry provides a comprehensive overview of current and emerging technologies and their applications in different industry sectors. Part one introduces key technologies and significant areas of development, including automatic process control, sensors, wireless applications and robotics in the food industry. Part two goes on to investigate robotics and automation in particular unit operations and industry sectors. The automatic control, sorting, processing and packaging or a variety of food types are reviewed, before a final discussion on automation for a sustainable food industry.
Key Topics Covered:
Part 1 Introduction, key technologies and significant areas of development: Automatic process control for the food industry: An introduction
- Robotics in the food industry: An introduction
- Sensors for automated food process control: an introduction
- Machine vision in the food industry
- Optical sensors and online spectroscopy for automated quality and safety inspection of food products
- Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) and related systems for automated process control in the food industry: An introduction
- Gripper technologies for food industry robots
- Wireless sensor networks (WSN) in agriculture and the food industry
- Intelligent quality control systems in food processing based on fuzzy logic
- Advanced methods for the control of food processes: The case of bioconversion in a fed-batch reactor.
Part 2 Robotics and automation in particular unit operations and industry sectors: Automation and robotics for bulk sorting in the food industry
- Automatic control of food chilling and freezing
- Robotics and automation in meat processing
- Robotics and automation in the poultry industry: Current technology and future trends
- Robotics and automation in seafood processing
- Robotics and automation in the fresh produce industry
- Robotics, automation and packaging in the confectionery industry
- Automatic control of batch thermal processing of canned foods
- Automation for a sustainable food industry: Computer aided analysis and control engineering methods.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/smplmv/robotics_and
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd