Research and Markets: Toxicity of Building Materials
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hgcn7r/toxicity_of) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Toxicity of building materials" to their offering.
From long-standing worries regarding the use of lead and asbestos to recent research into carcinogenic issues related to the use of plastics in construction, there is growing concern regarding the potential toxic effects of building materials on health. Toxicity of Building Materials provides an essential guide to this important problem and its solution.
Key Topics Covered:
- The main health hazards from building materials
- Plastic materials: Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
- Plastic materials: Chlorinated polyethylene (CPE), chlorinated polyvinylchloride (CPVC), chlorosulfonated polyethylene (CSPE), polychloroprene rubber (CR)
- Materials responsible for formaldehyde and volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions
- Semi-volatile organic compounds (SVOCs): phthalates, PFCs, flame retardants
- Wood preservatives
- Mineral fibre-based building materials and their health hazards
- Radioactive materials
- Materials that release toxic fumes during fire
- Heavy metals: Lead
- Other heavy metals: Mercury, cadmium, chromium and antimony
- Materials prone to mould growth
- Antimicrobial treatment and efficacy
- Potential hazards from waste based/recycled building materials
- Toxicity of nano particles.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hgcn7r/toxicity_of
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd