Market Overview

Research and Markets: Australia - National Broadband Network - NBN Co

Share:
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vg4ldv/australia) has announced the addition of the "Australia - National Broadband Network - NBN Co" report to their offering.

In August 2012, the company presented its Corporate Plan for 2012-2015. It has some significant changes to the original plan that was published in 2010. With significant more experience and a better data this plan looks robust, of course it all depends on the execution but the fundamentals of the plan are right.

NBN Co was launched in August 2009 NBN Co as a government business enterprise (GBE), wholly owned by the Commonwealth of Australia. It is overseen by shareholder ministers' - the Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy and the Minister of Finance and Deregulation.

The purpose of the company is to build a nationwide, wholesale-only, high-speed, open broadband network. Since its inception it has been selecting technology and designing the network and systems, as well as developing a wholesale product offering.

The company will connect 93% of homes, schools and workplaces to an optical fibre network (fibre-to-the-premises - FttP), providing high-speed broadband services to Australians in urban and regional towns. The remaining 7% of premises will be connected to an LTE-based fixed wireless network, and this includes the very remote ones who will be linked to a satellite network.

This report also provides financial and operational information regarding NBN Cos corporate plan, including forecasts covering the three years from 1 July 2010 to 30 June 2013. The plan outlines competitive pricing for wholesale broadband, including a basic service offering with a uniform national wholesale access price.

For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vg4ldv/australia

Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager.
press@researchandmarkets.com
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Broadband




View Comments and Join the Discussion!