Research and Markets: Benchmarking the Patient Movement Part 1, 2012 (Ten Different Countries/Regions): 60% of the 30 Healthcare Industry Executives Feel That Patient Groups Are Highly Regarded In Their Country
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8j8ffp/benchmarking_the) has announced the addition of the "Benchmarking the Patient Movement Part 1 (Ten Different Countries/Regions)" report to their offering.
Despite the obvious importance of the patient movement, no real mechanism exists to measure the movement's impact upon healthcare. PatientView has set about filling the gap by developing a benchmarking tool to assess the impact of individual patient groups, and collections of patient groups. The tool, which is composed of 8 different key indicators, was developed with the support of:
- 20 senior healthcare professionals
- 30 senior health industry executives
- 1,000 patient groups with expertise in various area of healthcare, and representing the interests of a minimum of 4 million patients.
- 20 senior healthcare professionals with expertise in various areas of healthcare, from 11 European countries (75% come from Western Europe, and 25% from Eastern Europe). The professionals are either specialists, academics, from the private sector, or heads of government healthcare agencies.
- 30 senior health industry executives.
In Part I of the benchmarking study patient groups from 10 countries/regions of the world are evaulated for their potency and effectiveness. The results make surprising reading with Central/South American patient groups ranking top and Germany ranking bottom. Strengths and weaknesses are identified.
Patient groups in Central and South America prove to be the most effective in the world when assessed across all eight Indicators (followed by patient groups from Australasia, and then by those from the UK). But all patient groups everywhere have some way to go, yet, if they are to truly excel at their tasks.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8j8ffp/benchmarking_the