Molex Adds Innovative Products To its MediSpec™ Portfolio Demonstrating Commitment to Global Medical Electronics
Molex Incorporated reinforced its commitment to innovative medical electronics with the expansion of its suite of MediSpec™ interconnect technologies and the recent acquisition of Affinity Medical Technologies, LLC. A subsidiary of Molex, Affinity Medical specializes in customized interconnects for next-generation healthcare devices. Molex booth 1344 will highlight electronic innovations for the medical industry at MD&M, October 31-November 1, Minneapolis, MN.
“Molex is committed to developing technologies that directly serve medical device manufacturers seeking design flexibility and product efficiency, which ultimately mean better patient care,” said Anthony Kalaijakis, medical strategic marketing manager, Molex. “As a leader in the convergence of electronic product integration into medical applications, we have doubled down on efforts to advance development of technologies for patient monitoring, minimally invasive surgery, medication delivery and other highly specialized healthcare needs.”
In addition to Affinity Medical Technologies, the Molex booth will feature the recently released MediSpec Micro-Miniature Coiling (MMC). Designed for device designers in cardiac rhythm management, pacemakers and defibrillators, as well as implantable neurological pain management and stimulation, MMC technology features a continuous length coil enabling extrusion of micro gauge (50 to 26 AWG class) wire at virtually infinite lengths.
Other Molex products on display at MD&M Minneapolis include:
- Capacitive Fluid Level Sensors: Ensuring precise fluid-level measurements and lower set-up costs, fluid level sensors easily mount to the outside of medical IV bags. The sensor includes customized embedded software which can be configured for auto-calibration or manual calibration to maximize the accuracy.
- MediSpec™ Hybrid Circular MT Cable and Receptacle System: An integrated optical and electrical solution that reduces the number of connectors required in medical equipment and devices.
- MediSpec™ Medical Plastic Circular (MPC) Connector System: Featuring the world-class LFH™ (low force helix) contact design, the products provide a high-performance and affordable alternative to typical medical circular connectors.
- MediSpec™ Molded Interconnect Device/Laser Direct Structuring (MID/LDS) Capabilities: Combines the versatility of the two-shot molding process and the speed and precision of LDS capabilities helping medical device designers integrate complex electrical and mechanical features into highly compact applications.
- Mini-Fit® Plus High-Mating Cycle: Achieves the greatest durability and current per circuit available today for mid-range power applications without increasing design dimensions.
- Fiber Optic Product Families: As a leading supplier of advanced fiber optic solutions, Molex offers a broad range of high-density products including interconnects and adapters, assemblies, backplanes and more.
- Copper Flexible Circuit Products: The products provide high-signal frequency and flexibility for advanced medical monitoring and diagnostic devices.
- Capacitive Switches: Includes both integrated and custom solutions to provide unlimited possibilities for the medical industry.
- Polymicro Technologies (a subsidiary of Molex): Multiple medical applications are available from the world's leading supplier of silica capillary tubing and specialty optical fibers, optical fiber and capillary assemblies, discrete micro components and quartz optical fiber ferrules.
For more information please visit www.molex.com/industry/medical.html. To receive information on other Molex products and industry solutions, please sign up for our e-nouncement newsletter at http://www.molex.com/link/register.
About Molex Incorporated
Providing more than connectors, Molex delivers complete interconnect solutions for a number of markets including data communications, telecommunications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, medical, military and lighting. Established in 1938, the company operates 40 manufacturing locations in 16 countries. The Molex website is http://www.molex.com. Follow us at http://www.twitter.com/molexconnectors, watch our videos at http://www.youtube.com/molexconnectors, connect with us at http://www.facebook.com/molexconnectors and read our blog at http://www.connector.com.
Molex is a registered trademark of Molex Incorporated.