Research and Markets: Functional Nanofibers and Their Applications
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8s3hhh/functional) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Functional Nanofibers and Their Applications" to their offering.
Functional Nanofibers and Their Applications summarises key trends in the processing and applications of these exciting materials.
Part one reviews core-shell, aligned, porous and gradient nanofibers. The processing and application of composite functional nanofibers, carbon and polymer nanofiber reinforcements in polymer matrix composites, and inorganic functional nanofibers are then explored in detail, before part one concludes with a consideration of surface functionalization. A wide variety of functional nanofiber applications are then reviewed in part two. Following consideration of their use in filtration, drug delivery and tissue engineering applications, the role of functional nanofibers in lithium-ion batteries, sensor applications, protective clothing, food processing and water purification is explored. Discussion of their use in sound absorption, electromagnetic wave attenuation and biomedical and microelectronic applications follows, before a final discussion of future trends.
Key Topics Covered:
Part 1 Types and processing: Nanofibers: principles and manufacture
- Types and processing of structured functional nanofibers: core-shell, aligned, porous and gradient nanofibers
- Processing of composite functional nanofibers
- Carbon and polymer nanofiber reinforcements in polymer matrix composites: processing and applications
- Inorganic functional nanofibers: processing and applications
- Surface functionalization of polymer nanofibers.
Part 2 Applications: Functional nanofibers for filtration applications
- Functional nanofibers for drug delivery applications
- Functional nanofibers for tissue engineering applications
- Functional nanofibers in lithium-ion batteries
- Functional nanofibers in sensor applications
- Functional nanofibers in clothing for protection against chemical and biological hazards
- Functional nanofibers in food processing
- Functional nanofibers in sound absorption, electromagnetic wave attenuation and biomedical applications
- Functional nanofibers for water purification
- Functional nanofibers in microelectronics applications
- Future trends in the processing of functional nanofibers.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8s3hhh/functional
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd