Research and Markets: Smart Textiles for Protection
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gmvgkg/smart_textiles) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Smart textiles for protection" to their offering.
Smart textiles are materials and structures that sense and react to environmental conditions or stimuli, and their integration into protective clothing has led to the development of products with greatly enhanced protective capabilities in hazardous situations. Smart textiles for protection provides a comprehensive analysis of smart materials used in producing protective textiles, and explores a wide range of end-use protective applications.
Part one reviews smart material types, technologies and treatments. Sensors, actuators and computer system integration are explored, along with biomimetic approaches to design. Part two goes on to investigate specific applications and advances in smart textiles for protection, including smart technology for personal protection, high performance textiles for protection in construction and geotechnical applications, and the use of smart textiles in the protection of armoured vehicles.
Key Topics Covered:
Part 1 Smart materials and technologies: Smart textiles for protection: an overview
- Types of smart textile materials for protection
- Smart surface treatments for textiles for protection
- The use of nanofibres in smart protective clothing
- Smart barrier membranes for protective clothing
- Sensors, actuators and computing systems for smart textiles for protection
- Biomimetic approaches to the design of smart textiles for protection.
Part 2 Applications of smart textiles for protection: Smart protective textiles for older people
- Smart high performance textiles for protection in construction and geotechnical applications
- Smart textiles for protection of armoured vehicles
- Protective clothing for firefighters and first responders
- Advances in chemical protective clothing.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gmvgkg/smart_textiles
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd