Research and Markets: Advances in Wrought Magnesium Alloys: Fundamentals of Processing, Properties and Applications
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xrqdtw/advances_in) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Advances in wrought magnesium alloys: Fundamentals of processing, properties and applications" to their offering.
This important book summarises the wealth of recent research on our understanding of process-property relationships in wrought magnesium alloys and the way this understanding can be used to develop a new generation of alloys for high-performance applications.
After an introductory overview of current developments in wrought magnesium alloys, part one reviews fundamental aspects of deformation behaviour. These chapters are the building blocks for the optimisation of processing steps considered in part two which discusses casting, extrusion, rolling and forging technologies. The concluding chapters cover applications of wrought magnesium alloys in automotive and biomedical engineering.
Key Topics Covered:
Part 1 Types and properties of magnesium alloys: Current developments in wrought magnesium alloys
- Deformation mechanisms of magnesium alloys
- Twinning and its role in wrought magnesium alloys
- Superplasticity in magnesium alloys by severe plastic deformation
- Dynamic recrystallisation in magnesium alloys.
Part 2 Processing of magnesium alloys: Direct chill casting of magnesium extrusion billet and rolling slab
- Twin roll casting of magnesium
- Enhancing the extrudability of magnesium alloys
- Hydrostatic extrusion of magnesium alloys
- Rolling of magnesium alloys
- Forging technology for magnesium alloys.
Part 3 Applications of magnesium alloys: Applications of magnesium alloys in automotive engineering
- Biomedical applications of magnesium alloys.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xrqdtw/advances_in
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd