Research and Markets: The Design and Manufacture of Medical Devices
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vwpxb3/the_design_and) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "The design and manufacture of medical devices" to their offering.
"The Design and Manufacture of Medical Devices", brings together a range of articles and case studies dealing with medical device R&D. Chapters in the book cover materials used in medical implants, such as Titanium Oxide, polyurethane, and advanced polymers; devices for specific applications such as spinal and craniofacial implants, and other issues related to medical devices, such as precision machining and integrated telemedicine systems.
Key Topics Covered:
Characteristics and applications of titanium oxide as a biomaterial for medical implants
- Precision machining of medical devices
- Polyurethane for biomedical applications: A review of recent developments
- Application of the finite element method in spinal implant design and manufacture
- Design and manufacture of a novel dynamic spinal implant
- Customized craniofacial implants: Design and manufacture
- Technological advances for polymers in active implantable medical devices
- Integrated telemedicine systems: Patient monitoring, in-time prognostics, and diagnostics at domicile.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vwpxb3/the_design_and
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd