ASI Environmental Announces Enhancements to Site Pollution Impairment Legal Liability (SPILLTM) Package
American Safety Insurance (NYSE: ASI) has launched an enhanced version of its Site Pollution Impairment Legal Liability [SPILLTM] package policy, which was created specifically to cover pollution-related exposures from sudden and gradual releases of pollutants from insured locations.
“American Safety is the longest, continuous market to serve the Environmental space,” said Scott Kreuzer, Vice President of Environmental Underwriting at ASI. “Our experienced underwriting team and dedication to the Environmental space is what drives our innovation and commitment to our customers. We are confident that our new Site Pollution Impairment Legal Liability [SPILLTM] coverage will provide value to our brokers and insureds…it's a great form!”
Producers will find that the newer forms are more concise and clear with many new enhancements. SPILLTM package now also provides coverages for:
- Sudden and gradual pollution events.
- On-site and off-site clean-up costs.
- Natural resource damages.
- Incidental mold growth.
- Emergency Response Expense.
- A claim and discovery triggering mechanism available.
- New and historical conditions can be included in one form.
- Punitive, or exemplary damages where insurable by law.
- Illicit abandonment of pollutants.
- Contracting Services performed by the Insured [CPL].
- Non-owned disposal sites [NODS].
- In-bound and out-bound transportation to or from a Covered Location [TPL].
- Policy includes a ninety (90) day automatic extended reporting period and provides for a optional extended reporting period.
ASI is rated “A” (Excellent) IX by A.M. Best and offers environmental products including: general liability, contractor's pollution liability and professional liability coverage. Limits of up to $11 million are available, with minimum premiums beginning at $2,500 and minimum retention of $2,500. Project-specific policies are also available.
For more information on ASI's products for the environmental industry, call 1-800-388-3647 or visit www.amsafety.com.
For 25 years, American Safety Insurance Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ASI), a Bermuda holding company, has offered innovative solutions outside the U.S. in the reinsurance and alternative risk markets through its subsidiaries, American Safety Reinsurance, Ltd. and American Safety Assurance, Ltd., and in the U.S. for specialty risks and alternative risk markets through its program administrator, American Safety Insurance Services, Inc., and insurance company subsidiaries and affiliates, American Safety Casualty Insurance Company, American Safety Indemnity Company, American Safety Risk Retention Group, Inc., American Safety Assurance (Vermont), Inc. As a group, ASI's insurance subsidiaries and affiliates are rated “A” (Excellent) IX by A.M. Best. For additional information, please visit www.asih.bm.