Research and Markets: Successes and Failures Case Study: Dollar Shave Club - A Small e-commerce Startup Took on the Established Giants in the Men's Razor Market and Won
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qzbgkr/successes_and) has announced the addition of the "Successes and Failures Case Study: Dollar Shave Club" report to their offering.
Effective innovation is difficult to come by, but it is the key to sustained competitive advantage in the consumer packaged goods industry. Lessons can be learned from both successes and failures. This case study looks at how Dollar Shave Club - a very small e-commerce startup - took on the well-established giants in the men's razor market, and won.
- Access comprehensive analysis of global successes and failures in the consumer packaged goods industry to drive ideation and inspiration.
- Obtain country-specific consumer insight to understand the consumer attitudes and needs that underpinned innovation success/failure.
- Avoid costly investments by learning important lessons from companies and brands that have failed or under-delivered.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the consumer packaged goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your category.
- Around 80% of new product innovation fails, highlighting the challenge that industry players face in innovating in today's competitive market landscape. Failed innovation can severely undermine profits and brand reputations. Conversely, the rewards for successful innovation are substantial.
- Datamonitor is constantly monitoring the big winners and losers in the consumer packaged goods industry. This case study considers the way in which Dollar Shave Club has used a "tongue-in-cheek" social media campaign to speak to its target male consumers, rather than relying on celebrity endorsements or big-budget TV advertising.
Reasons to Purchase
- Why is Dollar Shave Club considered an interesting case of success?
- How does Datamonitor judge the success of Dollar Shave Club?
- What consumer insight has underpinned this?
- What can I learn from the success of Dollar Shave Club?
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qzbgkr/successes_and