Research and Markets: Applications of ATILA FEM Software to Smart Materials: Case Studies in Designing Devices
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wsgv83/applications_of) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Applications of ATILA FEM software to smart materials: Case studies in designing devices" to their offering.
ATILA Finite Element Method (FEM) software facilitates the modelling and analysis of piezoelectric, magnetostrictor and shape memory material based applications. It allows entire designs to be constructed, refined, and optimized before production begins. Through a range of instructive case studies, Applications of ATILA FEM software to smart materials provides an indispensable guide to the use of this vital software in the design and modelling of efficient products.
Part one provides an introduction to the ATILA FEM software, before part two goes on to present case studies of finite element modelling using ATILA. Topics include the use of ATILA in finite element analysis, piezoelectric polarization, time domain analysis, design of ultrasonic motors, piezo-composite and photonic crystal applications. The study of piezoelectric single crystals is also discussed, before a final reflection on the use of ATILA in modelling the damping of piezoelectric structures.
Key Topics Covered:
Part 1: Introduction to the ATILA finite element method (FEM) software: Overview of the ATILA finite element method (FEM) software code
- The capabilities of the new version of ATILA
- Loss integration in ATILA software.
Part 2: Case studies of finite element modeling using ATILA: Finite element analysis of flexural vibration of orthogonally stiffened cylindrical shells with ATILA
- Utilization of piezoelectric polarization in ATILA: Usual to original
- Time domain analysis of piezoelectric devices with the transient module in ATILA
- Designing ultrasonic motors (USM) with ATILA
- Piezo-composite applications of ATILA
- Photonic crystal applications of ATILA
- Studying the behaviour of piezoelectric single crystals for sonar using ATILA
- Thermal analysis in piezoelectric and magnetostrictive materials using ATILA
- Modelling the damping of piezoelectric structures with ATILA
- Modelling the behaviour of single crystal devices with ATILA: The effect of the temperature and the stress on a single crystal bar, tonpilz and sphere submitted to a harmonic analysis.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wsgv83/applications_of
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd