Research and Markets: a Biotech Manager's Handbook: A Practical Guide
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nb4lr8/a_biotech) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "A biotech manager's handbook: A practical guide" to their offering.
"A biotech manager's handbook" lays out - in a simple straightforward manner - for the manager or would-be entrepreneur, the basic principles of running a biotech company.
Most managers in biotechnology companies are working in their first company or in their first managerial role. Their expertise and experience in the scientific part of the work can be taken as a given but there is a whole range of other skills to be learned and areas of expertise to come to terms with. Small companies do not have big budgets to hire people or time to become an expert in so many areas.
The book starts with outlining the state of the biopharmaceutical industry and goes on to explain the importance of planning (no matter what the size of the company). Succeeding chapters deal with the basics of intellectual property, perspectives from a university technology transfer office and how to raise some initial funding from an investor and entrepreneur.
Key Topics Covered:
- The bioscience sector: Challenges and opportunities
- Academic innovation: So you want to be a bio-entrepreneur? Leadership and you
- Managing self, situations and stress
- It's all in the plan
- Exploring funding routes for therapeutics firms
- Raising funds and managing finances
- Introduction to intellectual property
- Managing projects and portfolios in R&D: Why and how
- Successful registration of new therapies
- Clinical trials: Design and practice
- Business development: Starting out
- Business development: To the deal and beyond
- Conclusions and final thoughts.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nb4lr8/a_biotech
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd