Research and Markets: Comet | Verdict Company Briefing
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pfm9k7/comet__verdict) has announced the addition of the "Comet | Verdict Company Briefing" report to their offering.
A new one-stop destination for unique data and opinion on Comet's electricals offer. Targeted at retailers, and stakeholders to the retailer, we assess its electricals performance, strategic direction and provide Verdict's view on its future.
Comet has struggled to compete in a tough trading environment, progressively losing market share since this peaked in 2010. This profile explains the direction Comet is taking, with estimated sales data and market shares, and analysis of key events which will affect the retailer's outlook over the coming years.
- Identify opportunities in the electricals market by understanding Comet's strategic decision making in a declining market
- Take advantage of new electricals products on the market that Comet have identified to boost growth
- Benchmark your electricals performance by comparing sales data and market share
Comet has strong visitor appeal across a broad range of demographics. However it finds particular appeal among the over 45s. The retailer has struggled to build appeal among a younger generation of shoppers, with its product mix, dominated by big ticket white goods, proving expensive and a lack of a focus on exciting new technology.
With Best Buy closing its entire 11 big box out-of-town stores in November 2011, and many independent electricals retailers also closing down over the past year, there are opportunities for recovery in the coming year. Retailers able to weather the economic storm will be able to grow revenues at a fast pace in 2013.
To drive its market share forward, Comet will need to continue to build on its multichannel approach, with a focus on clicK&reserve and click&collect, and rebuild its customer service reputation by having fully trained expert advisers on hand to assist customers.
Key Questions Answered
- Which customer segments visit Comet for electricals and what is its share of each demographic group?
- What is Comet's strategy for its future store portfolio and what impact will this have on its sales?
- What is Comet's share of the UK electricals market?
- How has Dixons' electricals performed compared to the total UK electricals market?
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pfm9k7/comet__verdict