Delaware Valley Industrial Resource Center Announces Board Appointments
The Delaware Valley Industrial Resource Center (DVIRC) announced today the appointment of a new Treasurer, Lisa McLemore, to its Board of Directors, as well as re-election of two additional Officers of the Board – Bernadine Hawes, Chairman, and Thomas A. Panzarella, Secretary. Each is elected to a three-year term ending in December 2015. The DVIRC is an economic development organization focusing exclusively on the region's manufacturing community and assisting small and medium manufacturing enterprises to compete and grow in the global economy.
McLemore is the partner-in-charge of the Tax Services Group of Fesnak and Associates, LLP, an accounting and business consulting firm located in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania. This is her first term serving as Treasurer of the Board. She replaces past treasurer Arnold Bradburd.
“Lisa's extensive experience providing a full array of tax services to a broad range of publicly and privately held companies will prove to be a dynamic asset to the DVIRC Board of Directors,” said Bernadine Hawes, Chairman of the Board, DVIRC. “We are pleased to welcome her as our new Treasurer.”
In addition to the election of three Officers of the Board, the following board members have also been appointed as Chairs of their respective Board committees:
- Lisa McLemore, Chairman of the Finance Committee
- Robert Truitt, Chairman of the Compensation Committee
- Anthony Schweiger, Chairman of the Governance Committee
The inclusive list of the DVIRC Board of Directors elected to new three-year terms is as follows:
- Bernadine Hawes – Board Chair (Consultant, Economic Development)
- Robert Truitt – Compensation Committee, Chair (past president – Beverage Division, Crown Cork & Seal)
- Thomas Dodd – Compensation Committee (President, Tara Tape)
- James Visnic – Finance Committee (Vice President & General Manager, AMETEK Chemical Products)
- Thomas Panzarella – Governance Committee (President, Cook Technologies Company)
Finally, the nonprofit's Governance Committee today also announced a decision to reappoint the following operating officers of DVIRC:
- Joseph Houldin, Chief Executive Officer
- Barry Miller, President & Chief Operating Officer
- Anthony Girifalco, Executive Vice President
- Veronica Saboor, Chief Financial Officer & Assistant Treasurer
- Mark Basla, Vice President
- Kathleen Enright, Assistant Secretary
DVIRC is a private, non-profit economic development organization established in 1988 to serve the needs of 4,500 small and mid-sized manufacturers in five counties throughout the Philadelphia region. The organization's primary focus is to grow business value for clients through consulting services (strategic planning, market, sales, product development, and operational excellence), training and education, and executive network groups. Our vision is to establish the region as an internationally recognized leader in manufacturing competitiveness. We believe growing business value improves the standard of living and quality of life for those that live and/or work in the region. DVIRC maintains multi-year performance based contracts with the National Institute of Standards & Technology Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NIST/MEP) under the U.S. Department of Commerce and Pennsylvania's Department of Community & Economic Development. DVIRC is a co-applicant and founding member of the Energy Efficient Buildings Hub (EEB Hub). A diverse board of directors comprised of executives from the manufacturing, banking, legal and economic development communities govern the DVIRC.
Delaware Valley Industrial Resource Center
Mark Basla, VP Marketing & Business Development