Research and Markets: 2013 U.S. Local Freight Trucking Industry-Industry & Market Report
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sxptpk/2013_u_s_local) has announced the addition of the "2013 U.S. Local Freight Trucking Industry-Industry & Market Report" report to their offering.
The 2013 U.S. Local Freight Trucking Industry-Industry & Market report, published annually , contains timely and accurate industry statistics, forecasts and demographics.
The report features 2013 current and 2014 forecast estimates on the size of the industry (sales, establishments, employment) nationally and for all 50 U.S. States and over 900 metro areas. Other data include financial ratios, number of firms, payroll, industry definition, 5-year historical trends on industry sales, establishments and employment, a breakdown of establishments, sales and employment by employee size of establishment (9 categories), and estimates on up to 10 sub-industries, including moving services, furniture hauling, liquid transport, and animal transport.
Barnes Reports' Industry & Market reports are an essential part of any GAP analysis, benchmarking project, SWOT analysis, business plan, risk analysis, or growth-share matrix.
NAICS 48411: Freight Trucking, Local.
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing local general freight trucking. General freight establishments handle a wide variety of commodities, generally palletized and transported in a container or van trailer. Local general freight trucking establishments usually provide trucking within a metropolitan area which may cross state lines. Generally the trips are same-day return.
- Long-Distance Trucking
- Moving Companies
- Boat Transportation
- Airplane Transportation
- U.S. Census Categories
NAICS 48411 - Freight Trucking Local is:
22% comparable to SIC 4212 - General Freight Trucking, Local
28% comparable to SIC 4214 - General Freight Trucking, Local
- Local trucking, without storage Safe moving, local
- Animal and farm product transportation services Baggage transfer
- Animal transport Coal haulage, local
- Farm to market haulage, local Delivery service, vehicular
- Live poultry haulage Draying, local: without storage
- Liquid transfer services Dump truck haulage
- Liquid haulage, local Garbage collection and transport, no disposal
- Liquid haulage, local Hazardous waste transport
- Petroleum haulage, local Heavy machinery transport, local
- Lumber and timber trucking Light haulage and cartage, local
- Lumber (log) trucking, local Mail carriers, contract
- Timber trucking, local Star routes, local
- Moving services Steel hauling, local
- Furniture moving, local: without storage Truck rental with drivers
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sxptpk/2013_u_s_local