Renew and Relax with Texas.gov/Driver
Texans, now you can be the only person in line by going online to www.Texas.gov/Driver, the most convenient place to take care of all your driver needs. Currently, more than 2,000 Texans visit the website daily to avoid long lines at state agency offices and take advantage of many driver-related services that can be completed online.
Texas.gov/Driver provides online services that every Texas driver needs:
- Renew Vehicle Registration – Don't forget to sign up for an e-reminder that will notify you three weeks before your registration expires.
- Renew Driver License/ID Card – You're required to renew every six years – check to see if you're eligible to renew online at www.texas.gov/DLRenewal.
- Change Driver License Address – If you've moved recently, make sure to change your address with the Department of Public Safety (DPS) within 30 days.
- Print Certified Driver Record – Order and print your own record in just minutes; available for commercial drivers too.
- Driver License Reinstatement – Regain your driving privileges quickly – pay your reinstatement fees, track your driving status, and more.
While you're visiting Texas.gov/Driver, make sure to check out our videos that parody the panicked feeling most drivers can relate to when you see law enforcement and become very aware of your vehicle registration or driver license that may be expired. Now, with Texas.gov/Driver, you can renew and relax!
Texas.gov offers more than just driver services. It's also a fast, convenient, and fuel-efficient way to order a birth certificate, pay CHIP enrollment fees, renew a professional license, and much more. Users can also access Texas.gov on-the-go with iPhone and Android mobile applications.
Texas.gov is the official website of the state of Texas (http://www.texas.gov) and is a collaborative public/private partnership managed by the Department of Information Resources (DIR). Texas.gov helps state and local government entities Web-enable their services and operates without tax funds through a partnership between the state and Texas NICUSA, LLC. Texas NICUSA builds, operates, maintains, and markets Texas.gov and is part of eGovernment firm NIC's (NASDAQ: EGOV) family of companies. Since its launch in 2000, Texas.gov has securely processed more than 165 million financial transactions and collected more than $23 billion on behalf of participating entities.
NIC Inc. (NASDAQ: EGOV) is the nation's leading provider of official government websites, online services, and secure payment processing solutions. The company's innovative eGovernment services help reduce costs and increase efficiencies for government agencies, citizens, and businesses across the country. Our popular self-funded solution allows government to put in-demand services online without using taxpayer funds. The NIC family of companies currently provides cost-effective eGovernment solutions for more than 3,500 federal, state, and local agencies in the United States. Additional information is available at http://www.egov.com.
Jennifer Buaas, 512-463-3602