Google & Amazon.com Earnings: A Chronological Recap
Want an edge during Google and Amazon.com earnings? Try this.
Google Inc (NASDAQ: GOOG)(NASDAQ: GOOGL) and Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) reported earnings this Thursday afternoon. Below is a live blog of the highlights, delayed by 10 minutes. The live feed is available on Benzinga Pro.
- 05:48:00 pm: Amazon shares up ~12%
- 05:46:15 pm: Amazon conference call ends
- 05:43:18 pm: Amazon Third-Party Sales Growing At A Faster Rate Than Retail, Impacting Margins
- 05:42:50 pm: Amazon On Emerging Geographies: Excited About India, China
- 05:40:09 pm: Amazon Sortation Centers Has Helped Holiday, Sunday Deliveries; Increases Fulfillment For Holiday Season
- 05:37:37 pm: Amazon Not Giving Guidance On 2015 Spend, But Given High Usage Rates in AWS, 'We'll Be Spending Capex To Support That Growth'
- 05:34:55 pm: Amazon Sees Sizable Step Up In Prime Customer Purchase Patterns
- 05:34:13 pm: Amazon Customers That Come In From Video Converting Strongly Into Prime Memberships
- 05:33:24 pm: Amazon Says Its 'Very, Very Early' To Consider India, But Likes The Opportunity
- 05:29:48 pm: Amazon Notes Fire Phone Had 80 Million Inventory In Q3, Continues To Push
- 05:26:57 pm: Amazon Prime Members Are Buying More, Getting Products Faster
- 05:25:35 pm: Amazon Continues To Lower Prices For AWS, In High 40 In Terms Of Pricing Actions
- 05:24:56 pm: Amazon Seeing Overall Media Growth; New Video Game Console Launches Very Strong In 2014
- 05:23:27 pm: Shares of Amazon trading up 11.37% at $347.24
- 05:21:27 pm: Amazon Says AWS Is Expanding Rapidly, Co. Investing Very Heavily
- 05:18:10 pm: Amazon Improved Fulfillment Costs: Unit Growth of 20% YOY, Sellers Up 40%
- 05:16:26 pm: Amazon Says Prepare For Large Investment Uptick In Growth, Spending More Capex To Support Web Services
- 05:12:48 pm: Amazon Q&A Has Begun
- 05:07:26 pm: Amazon Paid Prime Membership Increased 53% YOY
- 04:28:16 pm: Shares of Amazon trading up 7.70% at $335.80
- 04:19:35 pm: Shares of Amazon trading up 7.23% at $334.93
- 04:05:15 pm: Shares of Amazon trading up 4.72% at $327.83
- 04:01:08 pm: Amazon Reports Q4 EPS $0.45 Does Not Compare to $0.17 Est., Sales $29.33B vs $29.67B Est.; Sees Q1 Sales $20.9B-$22.9B
- 05:48:00 pm: Google shares up ~2%
- 05:28:02 pm: Google conference call ends
- 05:21:27 pm: Shares of Google trading up 1.71% at $522.00
- 04:56:45 pm: Google conference call Q&A begins
- 04:56:19 pm: Google CBO Kordestani: "Google Chromecast was the most popular streaming device sold in 2014"
- 04:55:23 pm: Google CBO Kordestani: "Last week saw our one billionth tap of the "cast" button with Chromecast."
- 04:54:03 pm: Google CBO Kordestani: "Movies are now available in more than 102 countries, music in 58. Partnership with Sony for 'The Interview' generated more than $50M in revenue in its first weekend."
- 04:50:30 pm: Google CBO Kordestani: "Super Bowl action has already begun for advertising on YouTube. More than 70M minutes watched on YouTube, triple that of this time in 2014."
- 04:48:46 pm: Google CBO Kordestani: "In Q4, mobile shopping clicks exceeded desktop clicks as more users were shopping on the go. Watch time is up 50% y/y."
- 04:46:05 pm: Google CBO Kordestani: "Mobile is now a behavior, not a device."
- 04:45:18 pm: Google Chief Business Officer Omid Kordestani takes the stage to discuss the business side of Q4
- 04:44:28 pm: Google CFO Pichette: "In many ways, 2014 was a year of significant investment growth both in cap-ex and op-ex."
- 04:42:33 pm: Google CFO Pichette: "We recognized $133M of foreign exchange loss, of which $93M was related to the cost of our FX cash flow hedging program."
- 04:41:22 pm: Google CFO Pichette: "In Q4, we recognized $221M of interest income earned on our investments, $13M of net realized gains on marketable securities, and $25M of interest expense on our long-term debt."
- 04:40:23 pm: Google CFO Pichette "In Q4, we recognized $128M of Interest and Other Income, net"
- 04:33:45 pm: CFO Patrick Pinchette takes stage
- 04:31:00 pm: Google conference call starting
- 04:27:36 pm: Shares of Google trading down 2.94% at $498.64
- 04:20:15 pm: Shares of Google trading down 2.02% at 502.87
- 04:05:05 pm: Google Reported Q4 Sales Ex-TAC $14.48B vs $14.61B Est.
- 04:04:50 pm: Shares of Google trading down 1.46% at $505.45
- 04:03:25 pm: Google Reports Q4 Adj. EPS $6.88 vs $7.08 Est., GAAP Sales $18.1B
Amazon.com's Q4 2014 Earnings Call:
Thursday, January 29, 2015 5:00 p.m. ET. Click here to register.
Google's Q4 2014 Earnings Call:
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.