18 Biggest Mid-Day Gainers For Thursday
- Venaxis Inc (NASDAQ: APPY) shares surged 38.8 percent to $4.23. Venaxis shares have increased 7.14 percent over the past 52 weeks, while the S&P 500 index has gained 4.57 percent in the same period.
- Tilly's Inc (NYSE: TLYS) shares climbed 32.2 percent to $13.05 after the company posted better-than-expected Q3 results.
- Stone Energy Corporation (NYSE: SGY) shares gained 33.8 percent to $6.53.
- W&T Offshore, Inc. (NYSE: WTI) shares climbed 20.7 percent to $2.04. Crude oil futures rose 4.4 percent to trade at $51.60 a barrel.
- Christopher & Banks Corporation (NYSE: CBK) jumped 19.2 percent to $2.05 after the company posted better-than-expected quarterly results.
- Hornbeck Offshore Services, Inc. (NYSE: HOS) shares rose 17.2 percent to $5.99.
- CLARCOR Inc. (NYSE: CLC) shares surged 16.9 percent to $82.32. Parker-Hannifin Corp (NYSE: PH) announced plans to buy CLARCOR in a $4.3 billion deal.
- Seadrill Ltd (NYSE: SDRL) shares climbed 16.5 percent to $3.25 after gaining 13.88 percent on Wednesday.
- Skechers USA Inc (NYSE: SKX) gained 15.2 percent to $26.24. Buckingham upgraded Skechers from Neutral to Buy.
- bluebird bio Inc (NASDAQ: BLUE) shares gained 12.3 percent to $67.80 following release of positive data on relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma study.
- Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI) climbed 11.9 percent to $45.38 on better-than-expected Q1 earnings.
- Semtech Corporation (NASDAQ: SMTC) gained 10.5 percent to $31.05. Semtech reported Q3 earnings of $0.37 per share on revenue of $137.18 million.
- DryShips Inc. (NASDAQ: DRYS) shares rose 9.1 percent to $5.73 after climbing 21.25 percent on Wednesday.
- Globus Maritime Ltd (NASDAQ: GLBS) shares gained 6 percent to $7.18 after surging 21.72 percent on Wednesday.
- Dana Inc (NYSE: DAN) shares gained 4.4 percent to $17.63. Deutsche Bank upgraded Dana from Hold to Buy and raised the price target from $16.00 to $20.00.
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (USA) (NYSE: CM) shares gained 3.9 percent to $81.76. Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce posted stronger-than-expected quarterly earnings.
- Chevron Corporation (NYSE: CVX) rose 2.7 percent to $114.49. Independent Research upgraded Chevron from Hold to Buy.
- Lindsay Corporation (NYSE: LNN) gained 2.5 percent to $86.38. Stifel Nicolaus upgraded Lindsay from Sell to Hold.
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.