Microsoft Reveals Several Key Management Changes
In an email sent out to employees on Wednesday, Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT) revealed a few changes in its Senior Leadership Team, aimed at refocusing its efforts on productivity and business processes, cloud platforms and personal computing.
Ex-Nokia chief and current Executive Vice President for Devices and Studio Stephen Elop, Executive Vice President for Business Solutions Kirill Tatarinov, and Executive Vice President for Advanced Strategy Eric Rudder will be leaving the company.
In addition, Chief Insights Officer Mark Penn will be stepping down from his position in September to pursue a project unrelated to Microsoft.
Meanwhile, Executive Vice President Terry Myerson will be in charge of the newly formed Windows and Devices Group, “focused on enabling more personal computing experiences powered by the Windows ecosystem. This new team combines the engineering efforts of the current Operating Systems Group and Microsoft Devices Group.” (Microsoft).
Despite the reshuffle, Executive Vice President Qi Lu will continue to be in charge of the Applications and Services Group (ASG), while Executive Vice President Scott Guthrie will still lead the Cloud and Enterprise (C+E) team, which will now absorb the Dynamics development teams. According to the company, this will enable an acceleration of ERP and CRM work, and “bring it into the mainstream C+E engineering and innovation efforts.”
The New Senior Leadership Team
CEO Satya Nadella said, “We are aligning our engineering efforts and capabilities to deliver on our strategy and, in particular, our three core ambitions (…) This change will enable us to deliver better products and services that our customers love at a more rapid pace.”
Below is a list of the 12 executives that form Microsoft’s Senior Leadership Team:
- Satya Nadella, Chief Executive Officer
- Chris Capossela, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer
- Kurt DelBene, Executive Vice President, Corporate Strategy and Planning
- Scott Guthrie, Executive Vice President, Cloud and Enterprise
- Amy Hood, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Kathleen Hogan, Executive Vice President, Human Resources
- Peggy Johnson, Executive Vice President, Business Development
- Qi Lu, Executive Vice President, Applications and Services Group
- Terry Myerson, Executive Vice President, Windows and Devices Group
- Harry Shum, Executive Vice President, Technology and Research
- Brad Smith, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Legal and Corporate Affairs
- Kevin Turner, Chief Operating Officer
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.