REITWeek Is Here: Let's Get The Party Started
The 2015 edition of NAREIT's REITWeek is being held starting Tuesday June 9, with events scheduled through Thursday June 11, at New York Hilton Midtown.
This annual gathering includes the REITWeek: NAREIT Investor Forum, where accredited investors and corporate members can attend presentations from what is billed as "the largest gathering of REIT management in one location."
Source - reit.com
This year 139 REITs have signed up to give 30 minute presentations during the three day event, including some of the largest U.S. publicly traded REITs, non-listed REITS as well as REITs which are listed on international stock exchanges.
Source - reit.com
Opening General Session
- June 9, 12:15 PM – 2:00 PM Opening General Session Luncheon: REITs - From the Earth to the Ether
- Recognition of Investor CARE Awards - Steven A. Wechsler, President & CEO, NAREIT
- NAREIT Chair's Remarks - Session Moderator David Neithercut, President & CEO, Equity Residential (NYSE: EQR)
- W. Benjamin Moreland, President & CEO, Crown Castle International Corp (NYSE: CCI)
- David Nunes, President & CEO, Rayonier Inc. (NYSE: RYN)
- Paul Pittman, Executive Chairman, President & CEO, Farmland Partners Inc (NYSE: FPI)
- Sean Reilly, CEO, Lamar Advertising Co (NASDAQ: LAMR)
- William Stein, CEO, Digital Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: DLR)
The complete list of companies scheduled to present, including time and location can be found here.
According to the reit.com website, "NAREIT, the (National Association of Real Estate Investment Trust), is the worldwide representative voice for REITs and publicly traded real estate companies with an interest in U.S. real estate and capital markets. NAREIT's members are REITs and other businesses throughout the world that own, operate, and finance income-producing real estate, as well as those firms and individuals who advise, study, and service those businesses."
NAREIT - At A Glance
NAREIT traces its roots back to September 15, 1960 when The National Association for Real Estate was incorporated a day after President Eisenhower signed into law the legislation which created the U.S. REIT as an investment vehicle for individuals to own commercial real estate.
This association evolved over time into the entity known today as NAREIT. It has partnered with several other industry leaders, notably the FTSE Group and the European Public Real Estate Association.
They have established the FTSE EPRA / NAREIT Global Real Estate Index Series, which includes:
- The FTSE NAREIT All REITs Index - An index composed of all publicly traded REITS in relative marketing weightings.
- FTSE NAREIT Equity REIT Index - This index excludes mortgage REITs to reflect a pure equity real estate benchmark
- FTSE NAREIT Mortgage REIT Index - An index of all publicly traded mortgage REITS.
Most recently, NAREIT has unveiled its Total REIT Industry Tracker Series – the NAREIT T-Tracker – which is the first quarterly performance measure of three key REIT industry metrics:
- NAREIT FFO Tracker, which monitors equity REIT Funds From Operations.
- NAREIT NOI Tracker, which reports the equity REIT industry's Net Operating Income.
- NAREIT Dividend Tracker, which documents the dividends U.S. listed equity and mortgage REITs pay to their shareholders.
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.