Twitter Shares Rally Amid Analyst Day Presentation
On Wednesday, Twitter Inc (NYSE: TWTR) hosted Its Analyst Day presentation.
CEO Dick Costolo stated, "Twitter’s first objective is to strengthen its core, its second objective is to reduce barriers to consumption, and its third objective is to deliver new services and applications."
Highlights from the presentation include:
- Twitter will implement a new feature called instant timeline.
- Twitter simplified its sign-up page leading to increased sign-up completion.
- Witnessed a 200 percent increase in the number of accounts new users follow with changes to sign-up page.
- Found that 80 percent of its users are outside the United States.
- Will add significant functioning to private messaging.
- Moving to monetize logged out users.
- Twitter is growing faster than IDC forecast rate.
- Will incorporate additional applications besides Vine.
- Plans to expand local presence in 25 markets.
Shares of Twitter gained roughly 7 percent on Wednesday, closing the session at $42.54. Shares were up an additional 1.3 percent afterhours at $43.09.
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.