IPO Lookout: 14 IPOs For The Week Of June 16
This past week, the market welcomed seven new issues:
Abengoa Yield (NASDAQ: ABY), Memorial Resource Development (NASDAQ: MRD), Mobile Iron (NASDAQ: MOBL), Aspen Aerogels (NYSE: ASPN), Zhaopin (NYSE: ZPIN), Trinseo (NYSE: TSE), and Nordic American Offshore (NYSE: NAO).
These stocks were mostly winners. From the time each stock opened until Friday's close, only two of the seven stocks lost value for IPO investors. Aspen Aerogels and Nordic American Offshore declined by 2.3 percent and 1.9 percent respectively.
Considering that Aspen Aerogels opened Friday and Nordic American opened Thursday, it is arguable that these are substantial losses. But IPO investors experience the good with the bad.
Abengoa Yield, Memorial Resource Development, Mobile Iron, and Zhaopin all launched into existence with gains in excess of 10 percent. During one day of trading Abengoa exploded, returning almost 28 percent to investors who received IPO shares. Memorial Resource, Mobile Iron, and Zhaopin returned 16.6 percent, 15.8 percent, and 13.9 percent respectively. The two IPO losses don't look so bad when compared to these types of returns.
Related Link: Materialise Sets IPO Price Range And Shares
This week, investors hope to build on those gains with 14 IPOs expected.
IPOs for the week of June 16
Expected for Wednesday, June 18
- Century Communities (NYSE: CCS): 4.5 million shares expected between $23 and $26 through FBR, J.P. Morgan, and DB Markets.
- Foresight Energy (NYSE: FELP): 17.5 million shares expected between $19 and $21 through Barclays, Citigroup, Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, and Deutsche Bank.
- Microlin Bio (NASDAQ: MCLB): 2.7 million shares expected for the range between $10 and $12 through Brean Capital and Summer Street.
- Parnell (NASDAQ: PARN): 3.6 million shares are expected to price between $17 and $19 through Jefferies and Piper Jaffray.
- Signal Genetics (NASDAQ: SGNL): Originally expected to price the week of June 9, Signal Genetics is expected to price 1.5 million shares between $10 and $12.
- Viper Energy (NASDAQ: VNOM): 5 million shares are expected to price between $19 and $21 through Barclays, Credit Suisse, and Wells Fargo.
- ZS Pharma (NASDAQ: ZSPH): 5 million shares are expected to price between $15 and $17 through J.P. Morgan and Credit Suisse.
Expected for Thursday, June 19
- Ardelyx (NASDAQ: ARDX): 3.6 million shares expect to price between $13 and $15 through Citigroup and Leerink Partners.
- Markit (NASDAQ: MRKT): 45.7 million shares expect to price between $23 and $25 through underwriters, BofA Merrill Lynch, Barclays, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley, UBS, BNP Paribas, Jefferies, RBC Capital, and TD Securities.
- Syndax (NASDAQ: SNDX): 4.3 million shares are expected to price between $13 and $15 through Deutsche Bank, Jefferies, JMP Securities, and Wedbush.
- Zafgen (NASDAQ: ZFGN): 5 million shares are slated to price between $14 and $16 through Leerink Partners and Cowen and Company.
Expected for Friday, June 20
- Performance Sports Group (NYSE: PSG): $135 million offering is expected to price through Morgan Stanley, BofA Merrill Lynch, and RBC. The company currently trades on TSX as Bauer Performance Sports, but is looking to list in the US on the NYSE.
- Eclipse Resources (NYSE: ECR): 30.3 million shares are expected to price between $27 and $30 through Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, and Morgan Stanley.
- Kite Pharma (NASDAQ: KITE): 6 million shares are slated to price between $12 and $14 through Jefferies, Credit Suisse, and Cowen and Company.
With fourteen new issues in one week, IPO investors can hope to close the books next Friday and look at the performance of the S&P with pity.
Disclosure: At the time of this writing, the author holds no positions in the mentioned securities.
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.