Solar Stocks Tumble With Indexes, Feds to Look into SolarCity Books
Solar stocks are falling along with the broader indexes.
- First Solar (NASDAQ: FSLR) - down 3.4 percent.
- Real Goods Solar (NASDAQ: RGSE) - down 3.9 percent.
- SunPower (NASDAQ: SPWR) - down 6.1 percent.
- Yingli Green Energy (NYSE: YGE) - down 8 percent.
- Canadian Solar (NASDAQ: CSIQ) - down 8.9 percent.
- SolarCity (NASDAQ: SCTY) - down 9 percent.
- Sunedison (NASDAQ: SUNE) - down 9.61 percent.
News that the Feds are going through SolarCity's books “in effort to show the businesses overvalued sales contracts in order to claim millions in federal assistance” is not helping curb the decline.
© 2014 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.